Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Are foxhounds always hungry?

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by PoisonGirl, Apr 1, 2011.

1. PoisonGirl

PoisonGirl Banned

I have got next doors dogs today. They are foxhound x lab.

Fudge is worse and she is more foxhound than Diezel.

My kitchen has to be spotless (ie no plates or food cause she will eat it) she is a bit fat as it is.
    My bread rolls are ontop of the microwave and she has been crying cause she knows they are there and can't get to them.

She is now dyyiiing cause there is baby food on the go and she can't have it! Lol

[​IMG]

2. beary_clairey

beary_clairey PetForums VIP

Thats why I like small dogs - they cant reach!

My collie used to be terrible for stealing food off the counters. My friends lab learnt to open the fridge, so in the end had to put a baby proof thing on it to stop it being opened! ;)

3. ian1969uk

ian1969uk PetForums Member

As the proud owner of a Foxhound, I can confirm that yes, she is always hungry and would eat none stop if we let her :)

4. Ducky

Ducky PetForums VIP

haha if they are anything like beagles, which im sure they are, then they are ALWAYS hungry.

5. cravensmum

cravensmum PetForums VIP

I think I have a defective Foxhound.:laugh:

Craven is not always hungry,he is very good around food,doesn't scrounge or scavenge,he will only countersurf if I have put his stuff up there out of the way of the cat.

I have just been shopping and left him in the car with some raw meat for him and his bag of unsealed training treats and cheese and he didn't touch them.:)

I wish he was more interested in food,he would be so much easier to train.

6. ian1969uk

If that had been Peggy, she'd have eaten the meat, treats, cheese and most likely the bags that they were in!

7. Ducky

Ducky PetForums VIP

to be fair, i should give kody a bit more credit.

he isnt too bad on the begging front, he even sometimes doesnt even bother coming near the dinner table. and i can actually sit with him next to me on the couch whilst im eating toast or something. hes always watching though :p

but if you drop something, hes there like a shot :p

8. ian1969uk

Oh, Peggy doesn't bother us when we are eating, and she is not always begging. But if given food she'll eat and eat and eat. And if she was left in the car with all that tasty food, she'd take that as a sign that it was hers :D

9. Ducky

Ducky PetForums VIP

yep. definitely just like kody then.

10. BubsyBear

BubsyBear PetForums Member

I know you didn't ask but I can tell you that Boxer x Poodles are always hungry too! Tribs doesn't mither too much when you're eating, but she'll lay there watching you with big strings of drool hanging from her mouth!

11. mad4foxhounds

mad4foxhounds PetForums Newbie

in short yes over 90% of foxhounds are hungery most of the time this makes them good to train- but maybe you need to change or increase the amount you feed your two, with our rescues that go to new homes i say feed them as often as possible(their daily amount spilt between 3-4 smaller meals )this helps them feel fuller longer and normally helps with training to stop looking for food as much.
    cravens mum! we both know there is nothing wrong with your boy he is just very well behaved lol hugs the boyx

12. PoisonGirl

PoisonGirl Banned

Thanks :) They aren't mine they are my neighbours but I will suggest to split the meals up as they are fed once a day.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice