Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

April fools day

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by SpringerHusky, Apr 1, 2011.

1. SpringerHusky

SpringerHusky PetForums VIP

Anyone pulled any pranks yet?

I -think- i've pulled one on my fiance but since he hasn't called me yet I don't know if it worked. It dosen't help people have replied with lol and april fools?

I put this on his FB wall;
    Mike, We need to discuss our relationship. I'm really having second thoughts about things, I'm not sure this long distance relationship is working and maybe I'm just not ready for such a big commitment. I know it's sudden and random but sitting here alone without you is just too hard. I think maybe we need to discuss taking a break, I know you have another girl in your life so i'm sure you'll be better off with her, I mean you do let her sleep in your bed after all.....Please call me as soon as you can (within reason of my timezone)

What about you guys? :D

2. piggybaker

piggybaker PetForums VIP

I hate to be flat but I don't think thats funny.....:( I thinks thats a bit mean.. text words can seem very odd no emotion is shown,, you need to be carefull he doesn't take it bad...

sorry:blink:

3. SpringerHusky

It'll be fine, I done much worse to him the year before as he did me :p plus the minute I said about another girl in his bed he'll know it's his dog, I posted it April 1st and only yesterday I was telling him i've just bought my coach tickets to come see him, he's smart he'll click it quickly. This was actually not one of my better ones but I didn't have the time to put work into it.

Anyway I asked what other people have done not what they think of what've done ;)

#3 SpringerHusky, Apr 1, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2011
  4. Bandy

Bandy Banned

I think thats pretty cool.
    Long distance relationships can be tough enough. Having partners that will go the extra mile to show they care is what makes them work I think.

I've phoned a few friends to let the know the telephone company is blowing the dust out of the lines today and that they need to place the receiver on a cloth if they want to avoid cleaning a mess later.

So far...a few have busy signals when I called back and checked..

:blink:

5. jamie1977

jamie1977 Banned

That's a good one :lol: :lol: :lol:

6. SpringerHusky

Well i'm still alive, he was actually annoyed a friend if ours woke him up at 7am. He's promised to get me back :eek:

7. canuckjill

canuckjill PetForums VIP

lol I do believe you have a great relationship there. Wish I could think of something to do now you've got me thinking.....Jill

8. Valanita

Valanita PetForums VIP

They have had an imposter on Ken Bruce on Radio2. Some comic/impersonator I have never heard of, as an April Fool & he doesn't sound a bit like Ken Bruce, though he thinks he does.
    Actually His name is Rob Brydon & I had heard of him before.
    Rob Brydon - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

9. harley bear

harley bear PetForums VIP

I told my mate that a petrol station was selling petrol and diesel for £1 a liter this was at AP. Fuels .... worked a treat:)

10. lizzyboo

lizzyboo PetForums VIP

i havent done that thing for you yet. meant o do it last night but it turned out to be quite a hectic one x

11. katie200

katie200 PetForums VIP

thats a good one hahaha

12. harley bear

Dont worry hun, like i said there aint no rush, ive been running round like a madwoman myself x

13. SpringerHusky

Haha nice one :lol:

Youtube have this old thing going on where you click 1911 (not in the top corner but on the video) and it makes it sepia old style and with old music.

14. I showed my Husband this article and told him I wanted one. He didn't catch on for quite a while, aftert quite a few minutes of reading he said Very funny, I see the date at the top says April 1st :rolleyes:
    The Genetics of Green

15. lizzyboo

lizzyboo PetForums VIP

the local radio station round where i live broadcast this morning that since the snow there have been a lot of potholes appeared in the road.. seeing as the council cannot possibly get out to mend all of them, they are going to be sending out to every address 'pothole mending kits' so if you have a pothole outside of your house then you will be responsible fro mending it. the kit will also comprise of two blow up cones to put round the pothole while you mend it!

the amount of people that i have heard that fell for it :laugh:

16. CAstbury

CAstbury PetForums VIP

My boss told me this morning that her husband (who is in charge of a number of staff where he works) - had someone hand in their notice today. He accepted it and then the person said 'lol April Fool' - he had the last laugh as he told her he had emailed her resignation to head office and it was too late to stop it. Did she panic!

Sorry but I think April Fool's day is for kids and things can go badly wrong.

But there again I'm a boring old woman. :)

17. critter

critter PetForums VIP

Hi, On the wireless today Radio 4 announced that the next programme was being test broadcast in 3D listeners should wear headphones for best effect.
    Step daughter phoned her (cat crazy) no 2 daughter today and told her that the cat they had recently taken in had just had 4 kittens!, no 2 daughter rushed home without noticing the date, not amused is putting it lightly. wayne.

18. Chrissysarah

Chrissysarah PetForums Junior

I text my friend who lives directly over the road in front of me, to say I would be there for a coffee in half hour after Lilys walk . She text to say thats fine, but not to forget the water is going off soon...
    I paniced and though " i dont know about it " text her i not heard anything about it.
    Then i googled it and found there wasnt a problem so I thought I would "get her back" and said by text " wow you are right.. thanks for letting me know ... its been down towns problem yesterday but spread to us today !!.

Walked Lily, came round block on her side of road and found United Utilities ( our water guys) digging up the street - asked them if they turning water off and they confirmed they were.. just on her side of street!!!

So when I went for the coffee... I told her I thought she was doing an April fools on me.. so I " played along" back... when all along it was true that her water was going off and mine is still on !!!
    So we both laughed our heads off... I suppose you had to be there but was rather funny. !!

19. harley bear

My oh went to work today and one of the managers told one of the reps that because they had hit their targets they were closing early and they could all go home ... the new guy got up walked nearly all the way home before he realised it was an april fool:D

20. xxwelshcrazyxx

xxwelshcrazyxx PetForums VIP

My oldest daughter text me to say she was making me a nanny again, I was so chuffed....and the banter went on UNTIL my second daughter sent me a text with the same type message, I said to hubby what day is it today, APRIL FOOLS DAY, I was so had wasnt I. Shame though I was getting all excited too. xx

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice