UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,can anyone give me any info on feeding applaws, it sounds great, but I am concerned about the high protien levels, I have Leonbergers, and to feed a puppy 41% protein is not good and would probably lead to growth problems, am I not understanding this correctly? love alison

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
All of the info I have ever seen about Leos or similar seem to say less than 30% protein (some say lower) - so perhaps you would like to try other grain free kibbles such as Fish4Dogs (currently on 25% off so may be a good time to try it) at 26% protein?

There is a great thread here:

http://www.petforums.co.uk/dog-health-nutrition/255727-updated-dry-dog-food-index-2.html

Which gives you details of all dry foods and if their ingredients are good - find a food with good ingredients then go and have a look for the protein content.

·
Registered
595 Posts
I feed my Puppy Applaws. From what I understand the source of the protein is more important than the amount. Applaws is 75% Meat 25% vegetables which seems a good balance for what is at the end of the day a largely carnivorous animal.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.