Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Applaws Mousse

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by Ali71, Feb 6, 2021.

1. Ali71

Ali71 PetForums VIP

Good Morning to you all...hope you are tucked up in the warm and dry with your furries :) We're expecting a deluge of snow tomorrow so I have stocked up, but need to do a ZP order.

I am probably so far behind the times but I only just noticed that Applaws do a mousse!! What's the general consensus, it is good/bad/accepted by most? Mine will eat the shredded chicken version, they aren't big on fish anyway. I am just looking for some new bits to add into the rotation and keep them interested (aka keep the cat rescues happy more like haha).

xx

2. Babyshoes

Babyshoes PetForums VIP

Mine liked it, but some of them will eat anything. I recall the meat content being significantly lower than their shredded type, but I think it might be complete.

Ali71 likes this.
  3. ewelsh

ewelsh PetForums VIP

It was a :eek: big fat nooooo don’t be stupid mummy. Only flakes for my girls :Banghead

Ali71 likes this.
  4. Ali71

Ali71 PetForums VIP

Thanks @Babyshoes it does look a bit like papier mache - and according to the Scheyderweb calculator is v low in calories...I thought it might be a contender for Milo when he's having a faddy day and just wants dry :rolleyes:

5. Ali71

Ali71 PetForums VIP

@ewelsh oh dear, that's not good. I didn't think your girls were particularly fussy either!! Hope all is well x

6. SbanR

SbanR PetForums VIP

You're right on both counts!!:p
    I bought it because it looked so low on carbs but its like sticky papier mache. Each time Jessie eats it (Ollie did for a while, then refused) I almost wince as I hear her pulling her jaws apart:eek::D

Ali71 likes this.
  7. Ali71

Ali71 PetForums VIP

I did laugh at that @SbanR although I think I am going to give it a swerve for now!!

8. SbanR

SbanR PetForums VIP

I thought you might like a heads up!:D

Ali71 likes this.
  9. Willow_Warren

Willow_Warren PetForums VIP

Both mine ate it... they do eat most things though so probably not much help!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice