Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Applaws a good cat food??

Discussion in 'Cat Health and Nutrition' started by staffy_missy, Apr 30, 2011.

1. staffy_missy

staffy_missy PetForums Member

is this a good cat food??

2. lymorelynn

lymorelynn UN Peacekeeper in training
    Staff Member

Applaws is only a complimentary food not complete so should only be fed occasionally as a treat. Or do you mean the dry food? For a dry food Applaws is very good having a high meat content but it is better overall to feed wet food.

3. gloworm*mushroom

gloworm*mushroom PetForums VIP

Agreeing with above post.

In my opinion, no dry food is 'good.' Dry food can only be better than other dry food.

Applaws wet is complimentary so would need to be fed alongside another good quality wet food.

4. staffy_missy

staffy_missy PetForums Member

I ment the biscuits sorry forgot to state what my like :p well i usually feed my cats a pouch of meat in a morning and at night and they have a bowl of biscuits all the time so they can help themselves. They are not greedy cats they just eat what they need :D

5. lymorelynn

lymorelynn UN Peacekeeper in training
    Staff Member

Then to answer your question - if you feed dry for them to nibble on during the day then Applaws is one of the better dry foods to use. - I only wish mine liked it :rolleyes::

6. Shayden

Shayden Banned

yup applaws is one of the better dry foods and isnt too bad on the pocket either! id say orijen is the best dryfood you can give a cat but it is pricey.... but you pay for quality so cant complain :) i also give wet food and some raw also they have a pouch in the morning and evening plus applaws in a bowl that they eat throughout the day :)

7. hobbs2004

hobbs2004 PetForums VIP

In all fairness, Orijen is only a few more pence more expensive than Applaws. So, if you are only going to feed a little of it, then I certainly would opt for the Orijen over the Applaws because it contains the same amount of meat (80%) but has a lesser mineral load. But then again, if you don't feed a lot it doesn't make a difference really whether you feed Applaws, Orijen or even Acana (provided your cat actually likes any of these...)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice