Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Anything to worry about?

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by dandogman, Sep 12, 2013.

1. dandogman

dandogman PetForums VIP

I've noticed a lump on Molly over the last week. It's small and hard and when felt feels like a hard ball inside.

I remember when she had a tick when she was smaller, but I don't know where it was - it could have been where the lump is.

Not very good pictures...
    (top one, bottom is her teat)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. CockersIndie

CockersIndie PetForums VIP

Tricky! If you were concerned enough to post on here I'd probably take her to the vets just for peace of mind! That's the logic I'd use anyway :)

3. Freddie and frank

Freddie and frank PetForums VIP

I really don't know but if it were on one of mine, I would pop to the vets just to have it checked out.
    It would at least put your mind at ease. :)

4. dandogman

dandogman PetForums VIP

I was going to ring up the vet tomorrow anyway, just wanted your views first to be honest as you guys can sometimes be more useful than vets.

5. DollyGirl08

DollyGirl08 PetForums VIP

Could it be a little white head type spot? Hard to tell from pics.
    If it were one of mine, i'd personally just keep an eye on it and see if it goes down or grows etc. But that is just me.

6. Owned By A Yellow Lab

Owned By A Yellow Lab PetForums VIP

It could be a cyst - but agree with others that going to the vet is the right thing to do, just to be on the safe side. If it's nothing, then you've lost nothing by going. If it's something, then catching it early can be a huge huge help.

7. labradrk

labradrk PetForums VIP

It could be anything but most likely it's a cyst. Embedded grass seed is also a possibility as that can be an issue at this time of year.

It's extremely unlikely to be anything major in a puppy so I wouldn't worry about that.

8. GingerRogers

GingerRogers PetForums VIP

Ninja did have similar after a tic and the vet was very blase about it. It wasn't quite as big as a nipple but then she was older and had had a season by then. It lasted a couple of months.

Vet said to use antiseptic on the tic site in future to prevent it.

Hope all is ok.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice