Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Anyone watching bbc3?

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Ducky, Jul 17, 2009.

1. Ducky

Ducky PetForums VIP

just turned it on and its a programme called My Weapon is a Dog.

but they were just showing the bitches who were used on puppyfarms :( so sad.

2. Kinjilabs

Kinjilabs PetForums VIP

No way am I gonna watch that!:mad:

3. Dingle

Dingle PetForums VIP

No sorry i'm being made to watch one of the "halloween" movies on Ski fi horror

4. Ducky

Ducky PetForums VIP

they are talking more about the dangerous dog act. pitbulls mainly, and how easy they still are to buy even if they are meant to be illegal.

i cant really decide if they are trying to blame the people or the dogs :confused:

5. Rachh

Rachh PetForums Senior

-turns tv on - thanks for that xx

6. PoisonGirl

PoisonGirl Banned

I'm watching it but it is making me MAD how can they blame those poor defenceless dogs when it was the owners who brought them up to be weapons who should be punished! :(
    Poor poor dogs.
    I want to change it over but I also want to watch it!

I do not feel sorry for the people who have thses dogs, because they are doing something illegal. But I do feel sorry for the dogs and I feel this program is just making them look worse :(

x

Ok have just had to run to the loo to be sick now I am crying because of the fight footage! :crying: Oh look at his poor face! :( Oh that poor poor dog! :(

#6 PoisonGirl, Jul 17, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2009
  7. Ducky

Ducky PetForums VIP

im really angry now. that poor poor dog that the vet was looking at.

i just dont know how people can be so cruel and vile to want dogs to fight like that, to kill each other. how can they be so heartless? :mad:

8. Captain.Charisma

Captain.Charisma PetForums VIP

Yep, ive seen the program before.. It sadly true, how people are breeding dogs to be bigger and more agressive and using them as "weapons".

One guy had a Rottweiler, which he has "trained up" and can attack on comand. Another with his Pitbull/Rotti cross, which he uses for status and he likes the buzz of people crossing the street from him. And that French Mastiff, he looked like he is used to do damage too :S he was massive and looked nasty, waitng for a fight !

9. davehyde

davehyde Banned

seen it too was horrific.

shortly after there was an idiot on yahoo looking for a pit weiller.

would he be wanting a hard mans dog i wonder???

10. Blitz

Blitz PetForums VIP

I watched it a couple of weeks ago. They seem to be showing it an awful lot, or is it a series. Some of it was rubbish though. Why did they show so much about the rottie and his handler, that wasnt an attack dog. It really annoyed me when they got his training assessed an he goes off with the details of the bronze citizens award. I mean, that dog was way beyond doing anything like that, it is just so that pet owners have a bit of paper, not for highly trained dogs like that rottie. And saying that giving the dog a rabbit so it got the taste of blood would make it fiercer. Oh dear, I hadnt better let anyone near my dogs if that is the case, they must be hardened killers. Most of them really loved their dogs and looked after them very well and had them with them all the time - it was just their aggression that was the problem.
    The fighting dogs that were shown at the vet hospital were a different matter though, but they were dog fighting dogs not people attack dogs. As usual the media were twisting things for a better story.

11. Burrowzig

Burrowzig PetForums VIP

I thought one of the salient points of the programme was how having one of these powerful dogs made the owners feel, other people getting out of their way and deferring to them. It seems to me an extension of the distorted understanding of 'respect' that so many (younger) people seem to have today, everyone has to show them 'respect' while they show none to everyone around them.
    Life in these inner city estates seems to be some sort of hell though, with the imported gang culture, total detatchment from contact with nature, and with little prospect of satisfying work. Maybe if I had grown up there, I wouldn't be much different.

12. Snoringbear

Snoringbear PetForums VIP

Saw the first showing a while back. The owners were complete retards. The guy with the rottie seemed capable of training it well, I'm dubious it would attack on command as he only demonstrated it with a stick and it's hard to train dogs to do that in a controlled manner for proper protection work. The rest were pondscum tbh. The "Pit/Rottie" more likely Staff/Labrador owner was simply incapable of controlling the dog let alone train it. He couldn't even get it to walk to heel so serious attack work would be beyond him. people probably got out of the way not because of the look of the dog but because of his clown like incompetence. The guy with the french mastiff (thankfully they didn't use the correct name) was the one i disliked the most, simply because he studded the dog simply to make some money. Bad enough in any circumstances but even worse to use such a poor tempered, probably non-health tested and an example so poor that you would think its a cross breed. I've never seen such rubbish, so thin, shallow chested, snouty. he too had no control. I don't want to see my breed ruined by indiscrimate breeding and cretinous owners like staffies etc have been. With the exception of King, none of them should own dogs in any form.

Nonnie likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice