Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Anyone watching 'A Different Breed'

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Houseofpets, Apr 27, 2011.

1. Houseofpets

Houseofpets PetForums Member

This is a program on Sky one on now - does anyone else watch it or am I the only one? It's a really strange program but I am addicted to it :eek:

Doggy weddings, dog fanatics (verging on the bizarre), doggie dancing :D

2. Irish Setter Gal

Irish Setter Gal PetForums Senior

It's most definitely Barking :blink: What possesses some people I've no idea :eek:

3. Houseofpets

Heh heh heh - I have no idea but I love watching that nutty pair of woman with their dogs (can't even remember their names) and the funny language they use when talking to their dogs! :tongue_smilie:

4. Fleur

Fleur Vassal to Lilly and Ludo

They are like something from a sketch show - I can't believe they are for real :eek:

There are some very strange characters on the show and a few very interesting ones, Dima Yeremenko from last week was facinating the way he had all those dogs following his every command.

5. Houseofpets

That was absolutely amazing - I couldn't believe he could get that pack to stop dead when he told them to 'go play' 'Stop' 'go play' 'stop'.

I did quite enjoy watching the photo shoot from last week as well - of course my interest was only centred on the dog and not the man in tiny smalls holding the cute dogs!! :w00t:

6. Fleur

LOL - the photo shoot was great ;)

The mad woman throwing the doggy wedding :rolleyes:
    I thought at 1st it was her strange way of finding a stud dog - but it's not she just has more money than sense :p

7. Houseofpets

Definately more money than sense!!!

Would you let Simon Gardner walk your dog? not sure I would!!! :eek:

8. Fleur

He's great :D - another character straight from a comedy sketch show.

Richard Curtis is amazing as well, so devoted to his dogs.
    The woman with the Airdale tonight was completely loopy.

9. Houseofpets

His dogs are fantastic, he may be a little eccentric but he absolutely adores his dogs - not sure I would have taken the ducks away with me though :rolleyes:

Your not wrong there! I can't believe the comment she made about the dog being so relaxed while eating their lunch together!!!

10. Doolally

Doolally PetForums Senior

just watching this one now....Dima does a lot of work with dogs at the RSPCA as well :D

11. Fleur

I'd never heard of him - I'm tempted to get his book.

12. Houseofpets

Just looked on Amazon, price £32 new and £7.50 used. However if you have a Kindle it's £3.44, think that will be the version I get! :D

E-bay price £35.

13. Fleur

Damm - don't have a kindle, if you get it let me know if it's a good read.

14. Houseofpets

I will have a look at it tomorrow but the reviews look good. I will have a word with my Daughter and see if there is a way you can load it onto a laptop and maybe copy it to a disk - could send it to you then :D

Will let you know how I get on.

15. brackenhwv

brackenhwv PetForums Senior

I have Dima's book and can recomend it. It's easily read, written in plain english, with a way of explaining things in a fun formative way. I've used his hand feeding program and it has had a positive effect on my young dogm it's all positive reinforcement and there are small stories about the dogs he teaches. There is also a video @ leader of tghe pack ' which you can acsess on the net. Amazing guy !

16. jetsmum

jetsmum PetForums VIP

I've not seen this prog before and it was quite an eye opener in to the weired and wonderful.
    The wedding was ridiculous,far too much money was spent, but I suppose they could have just been using the excuse of a doggie weding as an excuse for an extravagant party.
    It could have just been a set up for the camera, but the woman sat at a table with her dog, feeding him off a fork and then giving him some sort of pudding in a glass just seemed wrong.
    But each to their own and as long as the dogs were happy and healthy what does it matter if I think it was a bit strange?

17. catz4m8z

catz4m8z PetForums VIP

That dog whisperer guy was pretty amazing. The dogs seemed to love him and he actually had common sense, unlike the self proclaimed DW.;)
    Ive had to stop watching it coz of those 2 blonde, moronic, vain, self important, cackling harpies. I was too worried Id throw something heavy at my TV and break it!!LOL
    (Ive been watching the mental reptile owners of Essex on t'other channel!:eek:)

18. Honey Bee

Honey Bee PetForums VIP

I wouldn't normally watch this as I don't have Sky at home but I'm staying with my Sis and she's been watching it. (she made me!!)

Yes Dima is excellent, as was Richard Curtis this week. What a nice guy. :001_smile:

As I come from Essex I think the wedding crowd are a really bad advert for us slightly normal people. They are really sad. Poor dogs. :rolleyes::

Also re (Ive been watching the mental reptile owners of Essex on t'other channel!)

I am now seriously worried about Essex!!! All the programs that mention it seemed to be portraying the people of the county as psycho's, idiots or worse (except the Police Interceptors who are Cool!) My sis says that most of the people they intercept are weird! I think I want to move!!! Lol.

#18 Honey Bee, Apr 28, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2011
  19. catz4m8z

catz4m8z PetForums VIP

OMG!! you're from Essex???:eek:

Dont tell me, you are planning a Bar Mitzvah for your pet Hippopotamus?, or is it a blind date for your Alligator??:D

20. Polly Pocket

Polly Pocket PetForums Junior

Don't give her ideas :nono::lol::lol::lol::lol:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice