UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Breaks your heart doesn't it. Why not give them to a breed specific rescue who home checks and has a list of people waiting for this specific breed.
I just read "teenager son for sale on gumtree" or "grandma needs a loving home" :mad: I just don't know how people can't see dogs as members of their family. I understand rehoming to avoid suffering but not like this.

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
I don't know what the answer is but often rescues are full and cannot just take in a dog just like that if full or waiting list and people can't or won't wait.. or maybe because he is a cross the rescues don't take crosses because either their hands are full with the pure breed dogs or people contacting them are looking for a purebreed and they may struggle to rehome a cross, or maybe they just have something against crosses (have come across this, a breed rescue refusing to take a cross of their breed as not purebred)

It maybe that the person wants to recoup their money - or doesn't want to give free to good home to put some people off...

Or that they don't want the dog to go into kennels and would like to oversee rehoming themselves?

Not saying either is right or wrong, and I am a strong advocate of rescue BUT with rescues so chock full not sure what people who need (or want) to rehome should do? Difficult times really.

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
I only wish people thought long and hard BEFORE getting a dog. If they did, and did their research you wouldn't see 'I just don't have the time he/she needs' so much. I understand sometimes rehoming is the best option, but if only people thought it through properly.

·
Registered
4,369 Posts
Oh he's lovely. Poor lad. :( I've seen sprockers in breed rescues - I don't think spaniel breed rescues are that fussy, I've seen other spaniel crosses in some of them before too.

I think some people might think it is better to do this private rehome (i.e. sell) rather than put more strain on the rescues... which is fair enough in a way but I hope they aren't taken for a ride and the dog end up in a bad place.

As someone said all this can be avoided if people make sure they ARE ready before taking on a dog. :(

·
Registered
262 Posts
What a beauty, shame I told myself I wouldn't consider another until bonsai was a bit older. In Birmingham as well!

How can people do it 6 months is not a long amount of time poor baby

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.