Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Anyone use this for arthritis?

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by rona, May 24, 2010.

1. Dally Banjo

Dally Banjo PetForums VIP

No but it has more Glucosomine in than Synoquin which is very good when the insurance is paying :thumbup:

2. rona

rona Guest

I thought it looked quite good, saw it on another forum and just wondered if anyone used it

3. Dally Banjo

Well I would if had to pay for it, Ive got some stuff called 4Joints from p@h made by johnsons its a liquid £7ish & give it to a couple of the fussy claws as getting pills in them everyday is :scared: its for dogs to & is 200mg per 5ml its a 100ml bottle so erm probably not work out cheaper for you but has worked great for the cats :thumbup:

4. Kinjilabs

Kinjilabs PetForums VIP

5. swarthy

swarthy PetForums VIP

We've used it - but TBH - I didn't see any remarkable results, and you can get the same (and better) supplements from Simply Supplements in Guernsey considerably cheaper.

We are now on acupuncture, physio and ultrasound therapy with the supplements :D

6. Dally Banjo

What is ultrasound therapy for & how does that work?

7. swarthy

swarthy PetForums VIP

It looks pretty much the same as the type of scanner they use for checking pregnancy in dogs and humans - but gives off little electronic pulses that stimulate the collagen in the joint - I was assured it didn't hurt - and judging by the fact my girl was quite happy to sit there and let her use it was reassurance enough for me, as I know what a pernickety mare she can be.

She had acupuncture first, followed by the ultrasound and then the treadmill under water :D

8. dodigna

dodigna PetForums VIP

never used it, that ultrasound therapy swarthy mentioned sounds good though.. would you say it is more beneficial as a preventative measure or is helpful at advance stages too?

9. Dally Banjo

Ooooooo will ask vet about it he already has the treadmill hydro & pins but over the last couple of weeks has been very stiff in his bad hip leg even on splash & dash walks :( he also has a leak problem which is slowley starting again even though the acupunture had made a difference to that :confused1:

10. Smiffy42

Smiffy42 PetForums Newbie

Rona

I can strongly recommend this for arthritis based on my own experience, especially if you can catch it early. Garlic & Fenugreek tablets - Dorwest my 11 year old Lab first showed symptoms 6 years ago and is still keeping up now with my 9 month old. This is the second dog this has helped and I can not rate it highly enough.

Hope this helps

Richard

11. Sleeping_Lion

Sleeping_Lion Banned

I use garlic and fenugreek in the blended veggies for my two dogs. I also put in apple cider vinegar and turmeric, as both these promote healthy joints. Fenugreek also helps deter unwanted passengers.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice