Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Anyone use natural instinct?

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by Sleeping_Lion, Feb 10, 2012.

1. Sleeping_Lion

Sleeping_Lion Banned

If so, have you had any bad experiences with them? Not for me, for someone else, ta in advance :)

2. mich1971

mich1971 PetForums Junior

Hi, i have used them quite a few times, esp when i have a litter as the weaning paste is just fab. The food is a great quality, the delivery price is quite high but the food is so worth it ;)

3. bearcub

bearcub PetForums VIP

We bought a special offer deal which was nice and cheap (for Natural Instinct) a couple of months ago, paid about £20 for around 12kg of minces, plus some lamb and 'play' bones. I like the fact that the minces come in 1kg ice cream tubs which makes them more portable and easy to defrost. All good quality and smelled fresh. Delivery was fast too, and all packed in a polystyrene box.

I don't actually bother with mince but what I like about NI is they are so nicely packed and easy to portion out. When we go over to Ireland for my brother's wedding, Florence and Freya are staying with a non-raw feeding friend so we will most likely order the minces from NI for her to stick in the freezer :)

4. Kiwi

Kiwi PetForums VIP

For a minute, I thought we were talking about mediums again...:crazy: Definitely time for bed...:eek:

5. Kc Mac

Kc Mac PetForums Senior

I've used them a few times with no problems :)

I recommend their stuff my 2 love it although I only get the minces for Kc (part time raw!) and the turkey backs for Buddy :D

They are rather expensive, as is delivery costs but well worth it, especially as the tubs are great for portioning up minces from Scott ;) :D

6. dvnbiker

dvnbiker PetForums Senior

love them - great customer service and the food is great quality. I dont need to worry about the delivery cost as I get it locally from a distributor.

7. Sleeping_Lion

Sleeping_Lion Banned

Hmmmm, thanks for the replies so far, I'm sure I remember a couple of posts about them previously having a couple of glitches with their food. The reason I'm asking is an online friend has had problems with her dog, and it turns out she has problems with her pancreas, which can be exacerbated by a diet high in fat, which NI turns out to be very high in fat. So far the company have really just passed the buck, which is a shame, but it's one reason I do my own so I can control the levels of what I'm feeding my dogs!

Ta in advance for any more replies.

:)

8. dvnbiker

they do do a low fat food - think its called Special Diet??

9. Sleeping_Lion

Sleeping_Lion Banned

Even that is apparently quite high in fat in comparison to other foods available, unfortunately, when they've pointed this out to them, they got a standard cover my backside reply, which is a bit disappointing :(

10. dvnbiker

What is it that makes their minces be any more fatty than other minces out of interest?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice