Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Anyone Use Magnotherapy With Sucess?

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by jon bda, Jun 6, 2010.

1. jon bda

jon bda Guest

After Max's over-exertion and subsequent tumble at the weekend, i've been having a bit of a squint around the forum to see what could be done with regards to his stiffness. One thing i found of interest was this...

Armadillo Products - Armadillo Magnetic Dog Bed

...after seeing someone recommend their collars and i was wondering if anyone had used any magnotherapy products at all?.

I'm also thinking of checking with our vet if it would be alright to give him seraquin alongside his epiphen.

He has recently changed from JWB kibble to Skinners Duck & Rice, JWB just didn't seem to be agreeing with him lately, and he could clear a room with alarming regularity! :D. Skinners was choosen due to the Glucosamine etc and he loves it, wish i'd found this forum years ago!.

He has veg with his meals already, although reading through Sleeping-Lion's excellent post i think i might need to hone my chopping skills!.

So yeah, bit of a drift from the thread title going on here, but looking forward to hearing from you all.
    :thumbup:

2. jon bda

jon bda Guest

Thanks for the reply :), i think i'll give it a go...i know he's getting on a bit and being a large fella, he has had the odd wobble or two (along with his epilepsy knocking him about), but i think the last couple of days have bought it home that he is getting a little frail...
    :(

3. Mum2Heidi

Mum2Heidi PetForums VIP

Years ago my old collie x got a bit arthritic and I was looking for an alternative to the regular use of drugs. Got the idea of a magnetic bed but couldnt afford one at the time. I bought lots of fridge magnets from the charity shop and put them in her bed. I am sure that it helped altho it probably sounds very bizarre.:scared:

4. kendal

kendal PetForums Senior

i know a GSD who uses it and you see a big difference in him. but my gran swore by them and felt the difference if she forgot to put her magnetic bangle back on after a bath.

5. Tanya1989

Tanya1989 PetForums VIP

I used Magnotherapy boots for my horse after severing a tendon. We had huge success. We were advised by the vet for destruction, but stuck with it. In the end his tendon didn't just heal with scar tissue as tendon normally does, but actually grew new tendon cells.He was back in work just 18 months after telling me to PTS.

Sadly he died less than a year later but lived life to the full until he did.

6. jon bda

jon bda Guest

Thanks for the replies guys, seems the magnotherapy bed idea is go (beans on toast for the rest of the month methinks! :D). Now to see what the vet thinks about using Seraquin alongside his epiphen...
    :)

7. swarthy

swarthy PetForums VIP

One of my girls has a bioflow collar - and there is definitely a difference in between when it is on and off.

So much so, I bought a bioflow bracelet for me ( a rare treat) - and I am noticing a marked improvement in my joint / back ache

sadly - it doesn't do much for toothache :frown:

8. jon bda

jon bda Guest

Toothache, my pet hate :(. Thanks though mate, truth be told i was also looking at the bracelets when i ordered his bed last night...should of ordered one.
    :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice