Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Anyone use Berriewood frozen food?

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by catz4m8z, May 14, 2010.

1. catz4m8z

catz4m8z PetForums VIP

I was just looking at them today and considering changing my dogs food. At the mo they get Burns mini bites morning and the same with Applaws tinned food in the evening. It looks like getting raw would be about 3 x's cheaper!:eek:that cant be right surely??:confused: (im not good with maths!LOL)
    So has anyone used this and is it any good?
    also do you cook it or give raw? on its own or with kibble??

Id def find the freezer space if it was alot cheaper coz it sounds just as healthy for the pooches.:)

2. catz4m8z

catz4m8z PetForums VIP

Anyone??:confused:

3. Lyceum

Lyceum PetForums VIP

I've used berriewoods free flow minces for ages, I mix it in with skinners dry food every meal, much cheaper than buying tinned, and IMO healthier too, it's 100% meat, no crap, no fillers, just meat. So you know exactly what they're eating.

I'm currently swapping to a full raw diet, my butcher was supposed to be supplying me but too much messing around means I wont buy from him now, since I need somewhere reliable. So I imagine I'll be using berriewood again.

4. LucyJ

LucyJ PetForums Member

Yes, I buy lots of food from Berriewoods then I get a good discount.

5. dvnbiker

dvnbiker PetForums Senior

I used to use the berriewood frozen blocks and they were great with some nice different minces. Always delivered quickly and on time.

6. catz4m8z

catz4m8z PetForums VIP

Thanks for the replies. I might get the chicken one to try..:thumbup:
    (I did try the whole raw with bones thing but just ended up with a bunch of tiny dogs guarding bones they couldnt actually get their teeth into!!!, and it was only chicken bones too!:rolleyes:).

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice