Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Anyone use bag dispensers?

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by sammyben, Jun 26, 2009.

1. sammyben

sammyben Guest

Just wondering if anyones used the dispensers for the poop bags? I've seen a few that clip onto the lead but not sure if it would just get in the way or not? At the moment, I just stick a couple in my pocket.

x

2. mollyismyworld

I saw a lady who had one clipped onto her retriever's collar!

I haven't tried them...I actually use scented nappy disposal bags! :p

They are much cheaper...I buy a box of 250 bags for £1.

3. Boston

Boston PetForums Member

I bought one a few months ago but i had trouble putting a new roll of bags in it once they had run out.
    And i found it much cheaper just to go to somewhere like the pound shop and get a box of nappy bag you get around 200/250 for about a pound :).

4. MandyandAngel

MandyandAngel PetForums Newbie

I have one that i have tied to Angel's lead because when my husband was walking her he kept forgeting to take them :mad:, so now he can't use that as an excuse :)

5. jlushh

jlushh PetForums Member

Yes I do I got one that clips to the lead, and the bags smell like Dr Pepper...mm.

6. kenla210

kenla210 PetForums Senior

I have one clipped to the handle of my lead, mainly because I would forget my head if it wasn't screwed on. :p

This way I always have them with me...

7. mr.stitches

mr.stitches PetForums VIP

They sound cool!

I just put some in my pockets, dont think id go out with a dispenser

8. sammyben

sammyben Guest

Well, a few times I've had to run back to house to grab some as I've forgotten so was thinking if I have the dispenser they'll always be on there. Might give one a go.

Thanks x

9. PoisonGirl

PoisonGirl Banned

I like the idea of having one clipped to the lead.. But Dave isn't the best behaved on the lead so when he pulls the dispenser hit my hand! :(

Maybe once he is a bit better on the lead I will try again.

x

10. cdcclub

cdcclub PetForums Member

Never tried one but then I would lose my status as the poo bag queen, I have them everywhere, If I have a pocket or bag to put them in they are in it. Nothing worse than going on a night out with pals and going into your hand bag and out drops a doggy bag or two.:eek:

Not as used one of course I might add.

11. CheekoAndCo

CheekoAndCo PetForums VIP

Our council gives us biodegradable ones for free and I don't really think they would fit in a dispenser :( Would make it alot easier because I only ever take 1 bag with me and Cheeko always decides to go more than once so always have to reopen the bag. I should really start carrying more with me. B&Q had the ones that clip on the lead for £1.25 last week. I don't see the point in paying for poop scoops when there free anyway.

12. PoisonGirl

PoisonGirl Banned

Yeah our shop gives out the free bags too. I have them in every pocket too!

I have loads and loads of them in the dog's drawer of stuff my the back door, I have some by the front door, I have some in my bag, there are some in the car... They are forever going through the wash because I have left them in my pocket!

x

13. CheekoAndCo

CheekoAndCo PetForums VIP

The photography group I help out with is in a libary so every week I go I always ask for poop scoops because can never have too many. Well I don't think so but mum would tell you different as she has a drawer in her room full of them. She's banned me from asking for anymore :eek:

14. cdcclub

cdcclub PetForums Member

I know that feeling, luckily none have ever come out a pocket while in the wash would imagine it could break the machine.

15. PoisonGirl

PoisonGirl Banned

One came out my pocket before we moved, we had a washer-dryer. it came out as a mini poo bag!! :D:D

x

16. finoni9

finoni9 PetForums VIP

Yip I've got mine clipped on to the extendable lead so that I always have them with me, eitherwise I kept forgetting - I have also seen the refills in the poundshop recently but can't remember if I saw the holder as well - they do smell nice.

17. Freyja

Freyja PetForums VIP

I've got one but tend not to use it as I seem to have poo bags in every pocket. I'e even found them in the washing machine.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice