Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Anyone tried Dockdogs?

Discussion in 'Dog Shows and Events' started by BurgessJen, Oct 15, 2013.

1. BurgessJen

BurgessJen PetForums Newbie

2. Pezant

Pezant PetForums VIP

They had it all set up at Colchester's Bark in the Park a couple of months ago and inviting anyone who wanted to to try it out with their dogs. I think they really enjoyed it! The dogs are given a couple of gos to get the hang of it, and even though a couple of them sort of slither into the water on Turn One, by Turn Three they're proper chucking themselves in for the balls!

There were always staff watching the dogs and there to help them get out of the pool up a low ramp with a rubber mat over for grip, and the set up itself is really deep and incredibly long! I think all the dogs having a go seemed to really enjoy themselves.

3. Dober

Dober PetForums VIP

I havnt had a go cause my dog melt in water, but I've seen other dogs doing it who really seemed to enjoy it :) I don't think it's cruel, if the dogs don't want to jump they don't jump.

4. DT

DT Banned

They often have a big stand at the games fayres, members of the public can have ago, I stand for ages watching them

5. Milliepoochie

Milliepoochie PetForums VIP

Ive seen it at 'All about Dogs' - With Dober ;) :eek:

It looked fantastic! Millie would of loved it BUT it was £15 which call me cheap seemed quite abit AND there was a huuuuuuge queue! :(

In hindsight its prol better Millie not doing it as her ears are a nightmare so dont want to encourage her to fill them with water :rolleyes:

6. Leanne77

Leanne77 PetForums VIP

Yes, I have tried it and it's a bit of a waste of money unless you know your dog is going to go in the water. For your money, you can have as many practice runs as you like before the actual competition. What they dont tell you is that the queues are massive and you spend the vast majority of your time just waiting around and not getting much practice in!

Dont be fooled into thinking that if your dog dives in rivers and lakes, that it will dive in the Dock Dog pool - it's a totally different experience due to the crowds, the noise and the fact that the bottom is clear and a single colour so dogs cannot gauge depth etc so is far more reluctant to go in.

7. Tollisty

Tollisty PetForums VIP

There is also dash n splash Dash and Splash - Modern Dog Sports
    Have had a go at both but prefer dash n splash because there is someone in the pool with the dogs, and they usually have smaller practice pools before moving onto the big one.
    My lot love it! They queue up quite nicely until it's their turn next and the screams of excitement start! Three screaming tollers is quite loud :lol:

8. Ponkies

Ponkies PetForums Junior

Watched this at the All About Dogs show in Norfolk, the dogs looked they were having so much fun (although it wasn't high) and many just didn't want to jump but would go down the ramp to get their ball. Looks like great fun if your dog likes water and jumping!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice