Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Anyone still dieting ??

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by RAINYBOW, Apr 21, 2011.

1. RAINYBOW

RAINYBOW PetForums VIP

Decided this week to battle the bulge a bit, yes yes i know Easter Week and school holidays so not my smartest plan :D

Anyway "inspire me"

I have had 2 tins of gin and slimline (ok ok but this is my first drink all week and it the BHols)

I am cheating tonight because i am knackered so we are having a tesco meal deal, Madeira Chicken Breast and green beans with Cauliflower mash (a dieting marvel if you are cutting carbs), the kids have had the strawberry cheesecake and i put the bottle of wine away for our break next week.

I have lost 3lb this week though so cant be bad :)

What's everyone else having ??

2. xxwelshcrazyxx

xxwelshcrazyxx PetForums VIP

DONT lick the plate :eek: that is where all the calories are ;) Good for you loosing 3lb that is a good start, its not as if you have given up is it, you are just having a Bank Holiday rest. Just go back on it after. xxxxxx

3. Happy Paws2

Happy Paws2 PetForums VIP

Sorry, please can you explain the meaning of the word dieting, it's a word I've never come across it before. :D :lol:

4. RAINYBOW

RAINYBOW PetForums VIP

i have counted then calories and only has crispbread for lunch so should be ok, except now i have had a couple that bottle of wine is calling :) I have some grapejuice to try and fool myself :D

I really wish i hadn't its the worst word in the world :( !!

5. xxwelshcrazyxx

xxwelshcrazyxx PetForums VIP

Grape Juice isnt the same as proper wine though lololol.;)

6. $hAzZa

$hAzZa Shan

All my shorts are size 12 from last year, and they don't seem to be selling many shorts in Next or Debenhams so I'm a bit screwed really. But I still stuff my face :lol:

7. doggie82

doggie82 PetForums Member

i am dieting at the moment and iv just had a weight watchers shepards pie for my tea followed by a w. watchers lemon & lime mousse :):)

8. GoldenShadow

GoldenShadow PetForums VIP

I am SlimFasting. I blame metame for spoiling my Thursday night though and insisting I get a KFC.

You should SO see the photo I just uploaded to Facebook. It wont help your diet, but its a-m-a-z-i-n-g :D

I am going to do more SlimFast this week I was buggering about a little and with it being Easter Sunday is out and the like. Well done on your weightloss! :)

9. $hAzZa

$hAzZa Shan

The easter bunny won't be visiting you then:p

10. Ditsy42

Ditsy42 PetForums VIP

I'm still dieting lol, lost 18.5 llbs so far on slimming world, this last 2 weeks I hadn't been, too busy wiv pupsters etc, yikes and had eaten take aways, been out to restuarants, drank far too much vino, u name it, I ate it, went on Tuesday and booga me i'd lost 1.5 llbs, gawd knows how :D

Gona stick in now coz I've booked a weeks holiday end of June and want another stone off :eek:

11. RAINYBOW

RAINYBOW PetForums VIP

I know i know :cryin:

LOL, but food is too yummy :cryin:

12. louise5031

louise5031 Guest

I'm dieting at the moment, I've lost 6lbs over the last two weeks sticking to 1200 max calories per day, very little fat and quite a bit of water & caffeine... plus plenty of Zach walking ;) I'm in the lovely stage where it feels it has 'clicked' - so I'm determined to carry on to my goal weight. Easter will bring lots of temptations though... :cryin:

13. lifeizsweet

lifeizsweet PetForums VIP

I've lost a stone so far this year :) had about 6 weeks off recently, but started up again this week. Lost 3lbs so far this week.

I'm having bolognaise pasta bake for dins. I had 1 vodka at the pub and have headed home so i'm not tempted any more.

14. davidc

davidc PetForums VIP

I've also lost 3lb this week. In the hot weather, don't deny yourself ice lollies, just stick to the fruit juice type, eg Calypso,, not the ice creams. I also have a treat day, better to have a treat day than ruin the diet altogether, I decided to have this once a week. Though I will have the odd extra treat (a choc bar or a can of Coke) if I've done a lot of exercise and I've been fine with that.
    Total loss is 6lb but not been doing it that long.

15. Mumbles

Mumbles PetForums Senior

I an attempting to get healthier at the mo, though am having trouble, i joined the gym in february and go 3 times a week, i have a muesli type breakfast, chicken salad no dressings for lunch egg for a snack and and have fish/spag bol, weighwatcher curry/fajitas for dinner having the smallest amount on pasta/potato/rice with it to cut down calories and only have a glass of wine on weekends, and so far have only lost 4 pounds. Though have to say my body shape is changing from going to the gym but it does dishearten me that i have not lost much weight but unsure what else i can do. So just keep trying.

Not sure i can give you much advice though as it does not seem to be working to well for me.

But good luck i know how hard it is

16. thedogsmother

thedogsmother PetForums VIP

Ive lost over 3 stone so far, unfortunately still got loads to loose, Ive got used to it now but I think at this rate I will be dieting till next summer, definately no easter eggs for me this year :(. Im just calorie counting and I excercise every day (swimming or gym) plus walking the dogs, the extra excercise has definately helped.

17. louise5031

louise5031 Guest

You're doing really well - you've probably lost fat but gained muscle at the gym, I'd definitely carry on taking measurements rather than worrying about what the scales say too much. One thing I would say is get rid of the muesli, even though some are healthy most are full of sugar and very calorific... swap for porridge or bran with skimmed milk :)

18. bexy1989

bexy1989 PetForums VIP

I dont need to lose weight as such i just need to lose my belly tat seems to slowly be growing but i just cant afford the gym :blink:

my sister has just got a big 10 ft trampoline though so i might try that when no-one is around :lol:

19. RAINYBOW

RAINYBOW PetForums VIP

Thanks for all the tips and motivation and well done to everyone so far :)

TDM - 3 STONE, OMG thats amazing !!!! I remember you being on a diet but didnt realise you had done so fantastically well :) Keep at it girl you are an inspiration !!! xx

20. doggie82

doggie82 PetForums Member

iv got 2 already from my ladies at work. but i wont be eating them. nick will i dont eat chocolate very often :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice