Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Anyone made their own chicken/lamb kebab?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Starlite, Mar 23, 2011.

1. Starlite

Starlite PetForums VIP

I could eat them every day from my favourite takeaway (the aptly named Mr Kebab :D) but at £5 a pop would rather not lol!

I wanted to try and make it at home, but the guys at the takeaway wont tell me how they make their marinade (gits :mad:) Im gonna give it a go tomorrow, so does anyone have their own not so secret recipe? Pretty please? :D

2. Jonesey

Jonesey PetForums VIP

Look up souvlaki recipes online, it's a simple marinade.

I put meat on sticks fairly often as it's a good way to get my son to eat meat (we call them caveman sticks here). I've made souvlaki, but you really do need to let them marinate for a day, at least a few hours. I often don't have time so I just throw them in some soy sauce and sprinkle granulated garlic on them. Maybe a little sesame oil too. Bbq'd is best, but you can do them in a hot oven or stove top grill.

Starlite likes this.
  3. lifeizsweet

lifeizsweet PetForums VIP

We always make our own lamb kebabs i shall dig out the marinade for you.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice