Anyone like Cadbury Cream Eggs

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Happy Paws, Feb 7, 2018.

1. kimthecat

kimthecat PetForums VIP

Yum yum . I fancy a mars bar krispy cake now . How do I make it ?

2. Jesthar

Jesthar PetForums VIP

OK, you asked for it! I take no responsibility for any health problems it may cause, though...

You need:
    • 1 whole 250g pack of butter (ideally unsalted, but experience tells me it doesn't really matter ;) )
    • Rice Krispies (no idea what weight, I always buy a box for the purpose)
    • 11-12 snack size Mars Bars (NOT 'fun size' - the 36.5 gram ones that come in multipacks, I can't remember the exact number off the top of my head, but I can check when I get home)
    • A big saucepan
    • A large baking dish or tin lined with foil - the one I use is about 12 by 8 inches.
    • A kettle of boiled water
    Put the kettle on to boil. Melt the butter gently in the saucepan over a low heat. Once it's all melted, start stirring constantly (I use a whisk) and add the mars bars one or two at time - you can chop them into halves or thirds to speed things up a bit if you want, but don't be tempted to turn the heat up or you'll both burn the butter and start to weld caramel to the bottom of the pan, neither of which is good!

Warning - it's going to look a horrible, separated mess at this point, but keep going and keep stirring all the time whilst adding more Mars Bars as the previous ones melt. About 5 - 10 minutes after the last one goes in, it should suddenly start coming together into one thick, smooth mixture.

Now start adding the Rice Krispies - about a cereal bowl full at a time, as you don't want to add too many. Stick with the whisk, or alternately a silicone spatula is ideal for this step - keep mixing all the time, and make sure to get right down to the scrape the bottom of the pan all the time or again you risk burnt on mixture. Keep adding Rice Krispies until you start to have one big squishy, cohesive mass in the pan - after that it's up to you how many more you add - more will get you a firmer bar, but add too many and it gets a bit brittle and hard work to eat when it sets. Still delicious, though!

Once you're happy with the amount of Rice Krispies, scrape the whole lot into the baking dish (solicone spatula is perfect for this), then immediately add hot water from the kettle to the saucepan (or you'll be soaking and scraping at caramel for hours!). Spread the mixture out evenly and leave to cool, then cut into pieces and enjoy!

#22 Jesthar, Feb 8, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2018
    kimthecat likes this.
  3. kimthecat

kimthecat PetForums VIP

@Jesthar That's one portion , then. I'll add a bit more so OH can have a taste :D

Cheers !

4. Calvine

Calvine PetForums VIP

Not like you and @stockwellcat. then!

kimthecat, stockwellcat. and Zaros like this.
  5. Zaros

Zaros Pet Forums Resident Evil.

During my uncouth youth days, I used to drink Budweiser and then I received invitation to the Anhauser-Busch brewery in Florida.

They have some fairly big ponies out back, and them fairly big ponies produce some fairly big piles of poop. Probably the reason why their rose gardens are so spectacular.
    After seeing one of them fairly big ponies taking a pee, it suddenly dawned on me why I shouldn't drink Budweiser ever again.

6. Westie Mum

Westie Mum PetForums VIP

Oh i love Creme Eggs but no, not interested in the pizza !

I brought two eggs on Sunday as our treat, first time Asda has had them in this year :)

kimthecat likes this.
  7. Happy Paws

Happy Paws PetForums VIP

I've just had two of them:)

Siskin likes this.