Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Anyone know why Great Tit keeps doing this?

Discussion in 'Wildlife Chat' started by noushka05, Sep 4, 2013.

1. noushka05

noushka05 Unicorn denier. Snowflake. Activist ;)

We've been away but my eldest 1st heard him knocking last Friday, hes done it every single day since...and for hours at a time:eek: I don't think he can see his reflection in the glass, so does anyone else know why he might be doing it? Im actually worried he'll hurt his beak.

[youtube_browser]uCF3DQcIXQo[/youtube_browser]

[youtube_browser]1nsfp3VVBuY[/youtube_browser]

2. Valanita

Valanita PetForums VIP

Almost certain it's his reflection he sees. Have you tried shutting the blinds to see if that works?

3. SpotOn

SpotOn PetForums Senior

We found this happened with sparrows last year who often feed on our spare bedroom window feeder. We how have curtains semi closed, and it seems to have done the trick.

4. noushka05

noushka05 Unicorn denier. Snowflake. Activist ;)

Yes I shut the blinds I also pulled them up..but still he knocked. He seems to have given up of his own accord now though. Hes not bothered for the last few days. Thank you both for replying:)

5. Phoenix24

Phoenix24 PetForums Senior

Its usually the reflection. Even shutting the blinds might not help, depending on the angle of the sun, visibility etc. Plus remember birds eyes actually work quite differently from our own, and what might not seem obvious to us might be a glaring beacon for them!

Often window pecking starts out when the birds are hunting around the frames for spiders and other bugs, and they get distracted by 'some other bird' following them about and invading their territory! lol

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice