Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Anyone know of any Rabbit bording in Hertfordshire?

Discussion in 'Rabbits' started by umber, Aug 6, 2009.

1. umber

umber PetForums VIP

Hey everyone,

Good news and bad new! The good news... we have managed to arrange for us to go on a last minute holiday to visit hubbys family in Uganda! Im sooooo excited I love it there! We leave on the 20th August for 2 weeks.

Bad news I have to find somewhere for my little Flake and Daisy while Im gone I feel so sad leaving them its amazing how attached we become to our little furry friends!

If anyone knows of any good rabbit bording around hertfordshire pls let me know Im in Borehamwood. Ill be looking around now I just hope they are not all full up else Im gonna have to bribe one of you lot to look after them for me lol :001_tt2:

2. umber

umber PetForums VIP

3. crofty

crofty PetForums VIP

Looks good hun :)

4. umber

umber PetForums VIP

Does anyone think Animals can sense if we are planning on going away? Flake and Daisy love sitting on me when I have treats and Daisy will love lying flat out on the grass or in the flower beds while I sit next to her and stroke her for ages but Flake will usually only climb on my when I have treats cheeky thing.

A short while ago I went into the garden to check them and sat on the floor with Daisy feeling so sad Ill be leaving them for 2 weeks. Out of the blue Flake came bounding over and decided to climb up my back and climb over my lap...as if he sensed it and was saying dont go pls dont gooooo!

I know I prob sound like a nut case but thats what it felt like!

5. crofty

crofty PetForums VIP

Oh yes definetely! Your not nuts, my animals always know and dont speak to me for a few days when i get back :rolleyes:

6. Kammie

Kammie PetForums VIP

I'm sure they can sense it. I know my dog used to come and comfort me when I was upset or feeling down as did Charlie.

7. umber

umber PetForums VIP

Oh no they are fully booked! :(

8. crofty

crofty PetForums VIP

Oh no :( wish you were closer i would have looked after them for you. Are there any pet sitters in your area? Did the lady recommend anyone else?

9. umber

umber PetForums VIP

Nope she just said good luck finding someone and aplogised for not being able to do so. I got through to a couple others too who are also fully booked. I have emailed 2 more and am waiting for replies!

10. umber

umber PetForums VIP

11. crofty

crofty PetForums VIP

12. umber

umber PetForums VIP

Yes they are going to get back to me and let me knowif they have space. If they do Ill ask if I can come by and have a look around!

Im so worried about leaving them!

13. crofty

crofty PetForums VIP

Im sure they'll be fine hun, its only 2 weeks and you cant do more than go look at the place, you'll know where you're happy to leave them.

14. umber

umber PetForums VIP

15. crofty

crofty PetForums VIP

16. VampiricLust

VampiricLust PetForums Senior

Please DO NOT use Bunny's Galore :(

She has 4ft hutches- has them on sawdust- has grass runs (You can not disinfect grass so it couls pass on anything)

I also clashed with her over her Chingford home.
    She "rescues" rabbits, i once saw below the pic of one "rescue" bun "Sorry, due to falling in love with him, he will be staying with me, look out for his babies one day" :eek:

I would be in tears if i was his previous owner. He was a standard crossbreed and obviously she did NOT know 3 generations on each side therefore knew not what she was breeding into litters.

Biggest hutches she had were 6ft... which she boarded GIANTS in :(

I could say so much more, but there is NO way i would allow her to get her hands on my animals personally/

17. umber

umber PetForums VIP

Oh dear now Im in a pickle!

I went to visit one of the place Hill Bunny Boarding - Rabbit Boarding in Hertford, Hertfordshire and the lady seemed really nice very sweet etc. But the only problem is that the rabbits will have their own double hutch but thats it. They dont get put into a separate run. She said due to safety and incase of losing rabbits she doesnt take them outside so all her hutches are kept indoors. The place is fine where she keeps them but Flake and Daisy are so used to running around everywhere having free range of the garden every day even if it rains if they wish.
    I told her Id let her know.

I have an appointment 2mrw at Bunnys Galore which do offer runs in addition to the double hutches but after reading vamps post Im all confused now!

It does look like I have to choose between one of the 2 as I cant find anywhere else which isnt already fully booked!

Help!

18. VampiricLust

VampiricLust PetForums Senior

I could have them here?

I have a 6ft hutch free at the moment which has a 6 x 4 attached run (which i will only use in the day) It is on grass, but all buns here are pre-treated for EC before going out in the runs, so no risk of cross-contamination (EC is passed in Urine spores)

Me personally- I would NOT use Bunny's Galore at all costs.

19. umber

umber PetForums VIP

Ohhhhh Vamp let me PM you!

20. frags

frags PetForums VIP

awwww vamp thats sweet of you hun, i was going to have them for umber but i soon realised i will be on holiday myself when umber is.... was gutted as i wanted to cuddle flake and daisy.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice