Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Anyone know about plants?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by vizzy24, Jul 19, 2009.

1. vizzy24

vizzy24 PetForums VIP

Hi are there any budding gardeners out there? I have a couple of hanging baskets that were doing really welll but they have been battered by the rain. I also thought stupidly that as it has been raining I dont need to bother watering them, so have just fugured out they are bone dry:(. Is there any way I can rescue them? I have given them a good soaking, just wondered if there is anything else I can do, please help lol

2. 3 red dogs

3 red dogs PetForums VIP

Water Water and More Water, stick them in a bucket of water for a couple of hours and get some 'Miracle Gro liquid feed' and mix that in with the water.
    Hanging baskets dry out real quick, even in the rainy weather, gotta water them at least once a day hun.
    Normally theres a lot of plants in a very small amount of soil so they take all the good stuff outta the soil before the season is over. Feeding and watering is essential for hanging baskets!!
    hope this helps
    Red

3. flufffluff39

flufffluff39 PetForums VIP

I have a cottage garden and I normally leave it to the elements and it fairs well. I think if the baskets are going to recover they will on their own...plants are funny like that.

4. Jazzy

Jazzy PetForums VIP

Yes I used to think that hanging baskets didn't need watering if it was raining until my gardener o.h put me right.:rolleyes: The rain just runs out of the basket and the wind dries them out so it is important to water them a couple of times a day.

5. vizzy24

vizzy24 PetForums VIP

Thanks will soak them right away :D

6. hobo99

hobo99 PetForums VIP

Hi Vizzy,
    Best thing is to water, feed, and trim back the plants .:)
    Trimming back takes off the stress and they should recover better. ;)
    Hope this helps you .:smilewinkgrin:
    Let us know how they get on.:)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice