Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Anyone in here vegitarian?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by kim645, May 4, 2010.

1. kim645

kim645 PetForums Member

If anyone read my thread yesterday about the poor wee duck that OH ran over with the car, you will know I'm going to try and cut meat etc out of my diet.
    Is there many vegitarians on here? Can anyone give me some suggestions on some nice meals :)

Kim

2. Cleo38

Cleo38 PetForums VIP

I used to be veggie, am now a non-meat eater as I eat fish these days.
    I still eat alot of Quorn fillets, use Quorn mince for spaghetti bolognaise.
    There stuff like falafel (you can buy these everywhere) you can add to salad filled pitta bread, you can even buy vegetarian hotdogs that taste just like the real thing (my boyfirend eats meat & he still likes them).
    Stir frys, curries, pasta dishes are all easily made without meat.
    There's all the veggie burgers, sausages, etc that are really nice - well I like them! They probably don't taste exactly like meat but are still nice.
    Have a look at what's on offer in supermarkets as there's loads of veggie stuff these days.
    The BBC website has a recipe section which is good & easy to use.
    Seriously, it's not all nut roasts like it used to be!!! (Although some of them can be nice!) Good luck :thumbup:

3. dobermummy

dobermummy Banned

it depends on what sort of meals you like.

one of my favorates is vegetable jalfrazi :D

most meals you can replace the meat with lots of different vegetables or some people like "fake" meat like quorn

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice