UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
need some advice, dexter is 15 weeks old. when im laying on the sofa he has to lay with me! but now when he gets up he has to stand over me for a few seconds before he will lay down. he puts his fron paws on my chest and just stares at me then licks me and gets down.

im just wondering if this is a normal thing, as i know these dogs do stand and hold people down when protecting etc. is he getting a bit big for his boots and thinking hes in charge of me or is this just another weird thing he does lol

·
Registered
968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Personally I would stop that- only because you are NOT going to want him doing it when he is fully grown!
i do push him off and tell him no, i just wanted to see if someone else who has this breed has any views on this, def dont want him doing it when hes fully grown he would crush me lol

·
Registered
23,245 Posts
One of my Chihuahuas does this and Ive always thought he was just bonding with me!:) But as has been said doesnt sound like a good idea with a full grown mastiff!:D

·
Registered
968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
One of my Chihuahuas does this and Ive always thought he was just bonding with me!:) But as has been said doesnt sound like a good idea with a full grown mastiff!:D
lol yeah exactly a little dog is not an issue a dog that could potentially get to 15stone is def an issue lol :p

·
Banned
810 Posts
Height, Weight
Height: Dogs 25-27 inches (63-69cm) Bitches 24-26 inches (61-66cm)
Weight: Dogs 110-133 pounds (50-60kg) Bitches 100-120 pounds (45-54kg)

15 stone is 210lb.. So it would be at least 100lb overweight :eek:

·
Registered
968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Height, Weight
Height: Dogs 25-27 inches (63-69cm) Bitches 24-26 inches (61-66cm)
Weight: Dogs 110-133 pounds (50-60kg) Bitches 100-120 pounds (45-54kg)

15 stone is 210lb.. So it would be at least 100lb overweight :eek:
this was not what this subject was about i never said he would thats what a vet said he saw one at before! so keep on subject or dont reply thank you

G

·
wow i really wanted an old english mastiff but couldnt find one where i lived :( never heard of a cane corso lol
i couldnt find any decent health tested ones either , thats why i went for a corso after my last two sadly passed away.

·
Registered
968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
statistics arent always right on the internet my brothers got a DDB hes 18 months roughly! and is 11 stone (this was last month when he was weighed) it says the max is 65.2kg he dosent stop growing till he is 3 so im guessing he will put on more!

and he is no way over weight!

G

·
yeah we can all use google im not stupid
nothing to do with google unfortunately its about knowing the breeds you've been involved with and interested in over the years.

if youre worried about what he's doing and how to correct it why not speak to his breeder? i can tell you that once breeds like him reach a certain age , they more often than not can become more challenging so probably a good idea to nip it all in the bud while hes little.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.