Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Anyone have cats who are siblings?

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by Tobacat, May 4, 2010.

1. Tobacat

Tobacat PetForums Senior

I just wondered how other peoples cats that are brothers/sisters get on? I have a female cat who loves her house and her brother who loves the outdoor life. Lottie often sits by the catflap preventing Toby coming in. If he walks past her, she often hisses at him, but if she pushes it he will turn around and attack her and she will loose the argument. She is on my lap nearly every night and he sits on me about once a month. The other night he was sat on me and Lottie came in and hissed at him and he went out. As Lottie spends a lot more time in the home, I guess she thinks she top cat and her brother isn't welcome.

2. Pajamas

Pajamas PetForums Newbie

I have two male cats who are brothers from the same litter, and they get along famously.. they pretty much do everything together :)

3. AlexArt

AlexArt PetForums Senior

I've got a few related cats and they get on with varying degrees of tolerance, one lot are 2 brothers and a sister - all brought to the vet to be put down when they were 7 weeks old - unwanted farm cats, needless to say my sister who was working there at the time took them home!!:rolleyes: The 2 brothers follow each other every where, the sister being a typical girl is more aloof to the 2 of them but they all curl up together at night.
    Another brother and sister get on fine, as do 2 other brothers, have another 2 sisters who don't get on with each other at all and will fight if they can be bothered:D. The rest are all ones that have appeared on their own or come from the same farms but different ages, and most have a particular buddy or 2 that they really get on with, and then there are some that plain hate each other!!!:rolleyes:

4. kelseye

kelseye Banned

i have brothers they love each other to bits and never fight i also have a femal same age different litter and they all get on together always have:)

5. Dally Banjo

Dally Banjo PetForums VIP

We have a brother & sister & they could'nt be more different :rolleyes: Casper hates all humans although he is getting a bit more tolerable in his old age :D & Pepsi is all over you like a rash given half the chance :lol: the only thing they have in common is sleeping :D

6. Guinevere13

Guinevere13 PetForums VIP

We used to have mother, daughter and 2 grand daughters who lived together brilliantly. The 2 granddaughters even looked after each others kittens.
    The 2 cats we have now are not related and hate each other! Well, perhaps hate is a strong word but they don't particularly get on shall we say!

7. Staysee

Staysee PetForums VIP

We have two 9 month old brothers who love each other dearly, they clean eachother and do get worried if the other hasnt been around for a while!

Thier play time is very very rough tho, but thats to be expected! hahaha

8. thenaughtyfairy

thenaughtyfairy PetForums Junior

my two are brother and sister and get on great. They have little play fights occasionally but they seem to stick up for each other when outside. When they first started going outside and Fizgig didn't come back at the same time as her, Kira would meow etc atme until I went out to find him :) They happily curl up together and have both always been people cats. Actually the main times they fight as when Kira gets a bit intense with cleaning Fizgig :) bless he's so placid he just lets her get on with it mostly so you know she must be getting rough when he finally has had enough...

#8 thenaughtyfairy, May 4, 2010
    Last edited: May 4, 2010
  9. PoisonGirl

PoisonGirl Banned

My two are brother and sister.
    Milo was the big boy of the litter and Maisy was the runt so he is quite a bit bigger than her- but she is the boss!!

They will cuddle up together for a sleep, and Milo does 'watch' over Maisy when they first get let out.

But- Milo will sometimes bully Maisy out of the way to steal her food, though we have this pretty much under control.
    Maisy will Not let Milo near ''her'' radiator though.

10. JoWDC

JoWDC PetForums VIP

My two are litter mates - brother and sister. Most of the time they get on but they do have their moments - much like normal family's.

11. RachyBobs

RachyBobs PetForums VIP

Yes ive got 2 cats that are siblings and they get on fine!

12. $hAzZa

$hAzZa Shan

I have a brother and sister who as kittens used to snuggle together and were inseparable. Now they hardly sit together, but still get along fine! She likes the indoors and doesnt go outside for more than 5 mins, it must be from her bad experience as kitten. He likes the outdoors but still prefers his evening snuggles with me :p

Hes laid across me right now as I type, his head on the laptop :lol:

13. Themis

Themis PetForums Senior

My two are sisters and most of the time get along fine. They squash up in the same bed to sleep, rather than take a bed each etc. Poppy, the black kitten, is definitely the dominant one though. She dominates me too though! :D

14. monty's mum

monty's mum PetForums Newbie

I have 3 8 week old sisters who get along brilliantly. My sister has the 2 brothers and they hate each other even at 8 weeks old.

15. dagny0823

dagny0823 PetForums VIP

My Henry and Eleanor will be 11 this August and are littermates. They've always gotten along wonderfully. They have their moments, where Henry likes to bite the back of her neck and she slaps the crap out of him, but it's mostly playing. They clean each other, usually sleep cuddled together, and when Henry went missing for a week, Ellie was beside herself with grief. Of course, when he came home she acted like she hated him for about a day, but she got over that :)

I used to have a pair of brothers, Sam and Frodo, and they were also wonderful together. Never a problem with them, and Henry and Ellie actually treated them like their own kittens so the 4 of them (sometimes with the dog too) would sleep in a big pile in the middle of my bed.

16. Zohatter

Zohatter PetForums Newbie

Fred & Rose get on but they have the occasional fight. You can tell when they've had a disagreement because the house is covered in tufts of fur.:rolleyes:

17. thenaughtyfairy

thenaughtyfairy PetForums Junior

hee hee hee I can relate to that!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice