Welcome!

Welcome to PetForums, the UK's most popular and friendly pet owners community. Please 'Sign Up' if you'd like to take part and contribute to our forum.

Anyone got this?

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Brad Maden, Dec 6, 2018.

1. Brad Maden

Brad Maden PetForums Junior

Noticed my dog shivering when we are on our night walk now the temperature is dropping, never bought a dog coat before as ive only had him for 8 months and my other dogs have all had thick coats.

i wanted something waterproof with a fleece for extra warmth, after looking around ive decided to order this (picture file attached bellow) just wondering if anybody has used this before, its A Anacol stormgaurd coat, thought it was reasonably priced considering its an extra large size and it also covers his chest not just his back.

Just wanted to get some opinions as i want him to be as comftable as possible over the winter months.

Attached Files:

2. Picklelily

Picklelily PetForums VIP

A lot of people in the Schnauzer group have them and really like them especially as they keep the chest warm and dry.

I have been tempted myself but decided instead to go with the hotterdog fleece jumper.

I still think my equafleece T shirt suit is my best purchase for keeping Pickle clean and dry without her overheating. When its cold I just put an Anacol jumper over the suit.

Pickle is quite an active dog, she overheats quickly so I find layers are better for her than a thick coat.

The photo shows her in the suit and a Christmas jumper on Kinder Scout last year, she was out all day in the snow and remained warm throughout.

Pickle Derbyshire 2017.jpg

Pickle Derbyshire 2017 number 3.jpg

The first photo hopefully gives an idea of how cold the humans were.

3. MontyMaude

MontyMaude PetForums VIP

I don't have any experience of that coat but I do highly recommend Equafleece Tankies as they are warm, waterproof, wash well and dry quickly and they are ever so helpful on the phone if you are unsure of sizes https://www.equafleece.co.uk/home

4. Brad Maden

Ive heard alot of people recommend equafleace, not sure if im looking at the correct ones though because the ones ive seen dont look waterproof, if they are i might have to invest in one.

5. MontyMaude

MontyMaude PetForums VIP

This is the one I use most https://www.equafleece.co.uk/dogs/fleece/dog-tankie but I do have the suit with legs in too, but I have floofy dogs that collect mud, but for normal cold or cold and mildly wet days the tankie is good enough.

DaisyBluebell and Brad Maden like this.
  6. Brad Maden

Thankyou

Would you recomend the hotterdog fleece for indoors at all? Our house can get cold at night when the heating is off so i think when it gets even colder hes going to have to wear some type of fleece/jumper, hes got alot of muscle mass to keep him warm so i just presumed he wouldnt be too bad but with his short fur hes definitely feeling the cold. And it looks freezing in them picture haha, stunning pictures though, my dog would love it up there in a bit warmer weather[/QUOTE]

#6 Brad Maden, Dec 6, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2018
  7. Brad Maden

Okay thankyou

8. tabelmabel

tabelmabel PetForums VIP

Equa fleece don't look waterproof - but they really do seem to be. I use equafleece too. They wash and dry really well

DaisyBluebell and Brad Maden like this.
  9. Blitz

Blitz PetForums VIP

I have an equafleece that I bought second hand but it is such a fiddle to get on and off I doubt if I will use it much. I like that coat you bought. Quick and easy to get on and off, waterproof and keeps the dog warm. I do not have that make but that is the style I like.

Brad Maden likes this.
  10. Jobeth

Jobeth PetForums VIP

I wondered how waterproof they were as well. Mine have Barbour coats and they stay dry even in torrential rain. They cover underneath better than the style of the Anacol one. They also have this one https://www.universal-textiles.com/UK-UT/utvp1944.php for winter.

Brad Maden likes this.
  11. Brad Maden

Okay thankyou :)

12. Brad Maden

Thankyou yes thats why i went for it for the ease of use i dont like having to put each individual paw through because it can be hard work, looks like it will do the job and keep him warm

Blitz likes this.
  13. Brad Maden

are the barbour coats fleece lined? Just wondering because i need one thats going to be warm but i think it will be difficult to find one where the fleece lining underneath doesnt get wet, im hoping the one ive ordered stays fairly dry

14. Jobeth

Jobeth PetForums VIP

The Barbour ones have a thin fleece lining. I have a Yorkie and so it is more of an autumn coat for her as her winter coat is padded.

Brad Maden likes this.
  15. niamh123

niamh123 PetForums Member

Saw the anacol stormguard in the Range yesterday they look really good

Brad Maden likes this.
  16. DaisyBluebell

DaisyBluebell Earth, the insane asylum of the Universe

I have the Equafleece t-shirts ones for Emma & they really are waterproof.

Brad Maden and tabelmabel like this.
  17. tabelmabel

tabelmabel PetForums VIP

They definitely are waterproof but it is true they can be a faff to put on. The tankies you only need to put the front 2 legs in, the jumpers are all 4.

My murphy can't get into an equa fleece as his hips are too sore - he has a zip up thing my friend gave me.

But i do love the equa fleece for Tilly

Brad Maden likes this.
  18. DaisyBluebell

Have them in Amazon, look very nice

Brad Maden likes this.
  19. DaisyBluebell

You can have a zip put in the back of the Equafleece ones if you need it.

Brad Maden and tabelmabel like this.
  20. tabelmabel

tabelmabel PetForums VIP

Yes I'm not clever enough to do that. I know equa fleece can do it but I'm just using this other weird structure for now. Might get round to it in future

Brad Maden and DaisyBluebell like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice