Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Anyone got an Habitrail Ovo?

Discussion in 'Rodents' started by Jazzy, Jul 10, 2009.

1. Jazzy

Jazzy PetForums VIP

I have ordered one for one of my Russian hamsters with a den add on too for her to sleep in. They don't look very big on the website but it says they are 27 long inches which is quite big really isn't it as hamster heaven is only around 31 1/2 inches.
    Just wondered if anybody on here had one so they could tell me what they think of it.:confused:

2. thedogsmother

thedogsmother PetForums VIP

I think foxy has one, she loves it.

3. Jazzy

Jazzy PetForums VIP

Oh that's good.:D

I meant to say it's the loft one I was on about because I think there are about three that can be used as a main cage.:confused:

4. cherrie_b

cherrie_b PetForums VIP

I have one...they are alot bigger than they look. I have 2 rooms connected with a small room in the middle. All for one russian hammie. :D

Jazzy likes this.
  5. Jazzy

Jazzy PetForums VIP

Sounds a very spoilt Russian Hammy.:laugh:

What is the wheel like - does she like it? And is it noisy?
    Have you any piccys?:)

6. cherrie_b

cherrie_b PetForums VIP

I haven't got any pics no...but I will try and get one in a min. The wheel that was in it, I took it out and replaced it with a Silent Spinner. She loves it...she runs from one end to the other frantically! :D

7. scosha37

scosha37 PetForums VIP

I was looking at one for my Hamster but i think there only for Russians??....am i right.. but they look good.. I just got my hamsters cage today its glittertrail one its good she loves the big wheel...my local Pet shop Wanted £42.99!...:eek: for it i got it on line for £17.99!...what a bargin..:D

8. Jazzy

Jazzy PetForums VIP

Aww it sounds great.:D
    I ordered it from Netpetshop for £32.99 yesterday - can't wait for it to come.:D

I got her a Savic peggy cage but she didn't like it so it's sat in the shed now doing nothing so might sell that on ebay if I ever get round to it cos she only spent one night in it and I moved her back to her old cage. She didn't come out all night and I thought she had died.:eek:

9. Jazzy

Jazzy PetForums VIP

No I think they are meant to be for Syrians really and they do seem to be bigger than they look in pictures. I measured my hamster heaven and that's 31 1/2 inches and the Habitrail ovo loft is 27 inches so that's quite big isn't it? You can get allsorts of add ons too if you used it for a syrian but I don't think a russian would manage the large upright tubes so I've just bought a den as an add on.

I've not heard of glittertrail are they crittertrail with glitter on?:confused:
    Don't forget to post piccies.:D Sounds like a bargain.:)

10. scosha37

scosha37 PetForums VIP

Oh right there not that small then...ooh...mybe if i get another hamster i will get one..;)

Heres a picture of what it look like.....yeah i will take piccys tonight..:D
    http://img1.classistatic.com/cps/l/kj/09/6/2/686/r3/0382ljk_18.jpeg

11. Jazzy

Jazzy PetForums VIP

Wow that looks great. I think they were selling those for £34.99 in one of our local pet shops - much cheaper online aren't they?;)

12. Neza

Neza PetForums VIP

That is definitely a pretty expensive cage for the size. It's nice to look at though.

13. cherrie_b

cherrie_b PetForums VIP

I wouldn't put a Syrian in the Ovo range unless they had zero tubes and there were lots of rooms. They are very nice to look at though...and easy to clean! :D

I will get pics soon but I have a house party tomo so I have been tidying. I have tidied the back garden...weeded, swept etc etc. :D

14. Jazzy

Jazzy PetForums VIP

Okay thanks Cherrie and hope the party goes well.:D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice