Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Anyone got a phobia

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by suewhite, Mar 28, 2011.

1. suewhite

suewhite PetForums VIP

I ask as there was a programme on the radio about a woman who has one over toilets she cant go near one or sit on one she has been like it since she was 4 and is now 38 I was dying to know how she went to the toilet and after alot of chat the interviewer asked her, her bathroom is separate so she goes in the bath:eek::laugh::laugh::laugh

2. katie200

katie200 PetForums VIP

i have a phobia of
    needles
    going out where theres people
    blood
    fainting
    snaks
    bees cant go near them
    and thats the short list lol:eek:

3. celicababe1986

celicababe1986 PetForums VIP

I am scared of heights (pretty normal)
    I dont like lifts
    and I hate cotton wool!!- The feel of it, the smell of it and the noise it makes!! even thinking about it now is making me cringe and shudder!!

4. katie200

katie200 PetForums VIP

i hate lifts too they make me feel dizzie lol

5. celicababe1986

I dont like needles either :(
    Just didnt want to mention it becasuse it reminds me of them....and I have dentist at four and I have to have my mouth numbed by injection...:cryin: :cryin: :cryin: :cryin:

I dont have any fears of animals though. Fine with spiders, bee's, snakes (I own four of them!!) Dont particularly like wasps but not scared of them.

Just a wuss with everything else lol!! :rolleyes::

6. katie200

katie200 PetForums VIP

i have a dentist phoba good luck at the dentist though i also dont like small spaces eather :eek:

7. Dally Banjo

Dally Banjo PetForums VIP

Anything to do with decorating :yikes:

8. JANICE199

JANICE199 PetForums VIP

I have 3...:(
    Hospitals
    Rats
    Spiders

9. celicababe1986

or housework!! :lol:

10. manic rose

manic rose PetForums VIP

aw rats arent scary! sure my boys could win you over :001_smile: spiders now thats another matter. have handled a tarantula before but am still terrified of spiders and have to look away when on is shown on tv :eek:

also phobia of downwards escalators, steep or spiral stairs and the sproutty things that grow on potatos :blink:

#10 manic rose, Mar 28, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2011
  11. Dally Banjo

Dally Banjo PetForums VIP

Thats not to bad as long as I take my pills :lol:

12. I have three phobias. churches - They send me into really bad anxiety attacks as soon as I walk through the door so going to weddings and funerals is a big problem for me.

Ice - I'm so scared of falling over on it that I just simply wont go outside if the ground is icy.

Hills & slopes. I'm terrified of going down them...Even subway slopes. I've been known to go down them on my backside before to avoid walking down them...much to everyones amusement.:laugh::laugh:

13. katie200

katie200 PetForums VIP

yep churches are a noooo for me too ever since i went in one and a guy told me a load of bed stuff about it :scared:

14. manic rose

manic rose PetForums VIP

didnt know they had beds in churches ;) so what sort of stuff did he tell you?

15. katie200

katie200 PetForums VIP

hahahahaha oops its ment to say bad :yikes::yikes::yikes::yikes::yikes:
    he told me there where dead body behind this door that had cavend in and they where still there he went on about a lot of weid stuff wouldnt leave me alone never go in one agan

#15 katie200, Mar 28, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2011
  16. catz4m8z

catz4m8z PetForums VIP

I dont have any that I know of. Phobias are a very different thing then being scared of something.
    Im logically scared of heights, but illogically scared of house spiders and crowds. (and mannequins give me the total heebie jeebies coz I half expect them to come to life and grab me!!:eek:).

17. MoggyBaby

MoggyBaby PetForums VIP

I've just read your other thread Sue, re the ash tray, and I'd say that the bloke in question probably now has a phobia about strange women emptying their ash-trays in his car!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:thumbup:

18. ballybee

ballybee PetForums VIP

I don't like needles very much..not afraid of them it's more a dread type feeling. I wouldn't say i have any phobias although i'm terrified of falling over....especially on ice and thanks to last winter i did fall a few times, didn't get hurt just a few bruises but my OH's brother fell and split his head!!!

My OH, his dad, his sister and 3 brothers are terrified of spiders, bees and wasps. My dad is petrified of moths(when he was little he had a dream that a moth ate his head....he's 47 this year and literally screams when he see's them), both my grans are terrified of snakes(one is scared of all reptiles), my mum used to have a phobia of spiders but doesn't now.

Makes me feel brave :D

19. lizzyboo

lizzyboo PetForums VIP

flying........... yes definately flying. i cry like a baby on a plane, im sure it deffo un nerves the other passengers. i AM the woman who sits there asking what every little noise is!

sheep... well more their eyes really :eek: :eek:

wasps! so much so in the middle of summer id rather overheat than open my windows and doors... have been known to call hubby home from work to remove wasp from house!

qickly developing a phobia of children.... mainly my own :laugh:

20. petzplazaUK

petzplazaUK PetForums Senior

mine are:
    going out and being around people
    heights
    open water(including swimming pools and beaches)

nothing else really bothers me

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice