Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Anyone got a Kodak M320 or M380?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by kaz_f, Aug 19, 2009.

1. kaz_f

kaz_f PetForums VIP

And if so what do you reckon to it? I am thinking of getting one of these cameras and was interested to see what other people thought to them.

Basically I love photography even though I'm not brilliant at it, and I had a compact camera my beloved Kodak V610 which I really loved. It wasn't hugely expensive or anything but it did in-camera panoramic stitching, whereby you take a sequence of 3 shots leading on from one another and the camera stitches them together to create a panoramic image and I used that feature ever such a lot. Trouble is my dog ate the camera, well he bit it and totally wrecked it. I was really miffed!

I really would like to get a small compact that I can fit in my pocket and take anywhere and everywhere and I've read that these two both have the in-camera stitch feature. I like to research things before I buy though so I am seeking the opinions of people who have used them. Are they user friendly and are the results quite good? I've seen some test shots on the web and read a few reviews but it's nice to know what other people think.

Basically I am not expecting miracles as I know they aren't hugely expensive cameras, but I guess portability (pocket sized), decent image quality and ease of use are important. I do have a really ace camera that has full manual controls but it's slightly larger and maybe not something I'd take out when doing roughty toughty outdoor activities.

I'd be really interested to hear from anyone who has one or has used one as to whether they are impressed with it or not.

Thanks in advance!
    Karen

2. Chillinator

Chillinator Guest

I'm a bit biased here (as I use a Canon EOS 50D) however for the same amount of money I think you would be better with a Canon IXUS 80. I've had one or two problems with Kodak compacts and the technical support isn't top-notch.

Whatever you do don't get caught out with the pixel myth, a high number of pixels will only be useful if you intend to make huge prints. I know of many 5 or 6mp cameras for a similar price which produce better quality images than the many 8 or 10mp models.

3. kaz_f

kaz_f PetForums VIP

Thanks, yes I like Canon too, my other (fabulous) camera is a Canon and I find it great to use. I think the main reason I was considering these Kodak's was because of the panoramic stitch thing and also I really liked the V610 till Alfie ate it. I know I can do stitching in Photoshop but it's sometimes fun to be able to see the results at the time. Live for the moment an all that!

Thanks for the advice though, I have had a Panasonic Lumix TZ3 and it was really good but I was put off it as after I'd had it just over a year it started doing this thing where it was displaying a message on screen saying 'turn the camera off and on again' and it was malfunctioning. It was only just out of warranty and to fix it they quoted me £120 so I wasn't impressed! They have fab lenses but I wouldn't get another cos of the problems I'd had - it put me off.

Sounds like you have some fab camera kit! I used to have but the OH left me and took it with him!

Love your pics by the way.
    Karen

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice