Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Anyone got a Collie X Greyhound?

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Phoenix&Charlie'sMum, May 19, 2010.

1. Phoenix&Charlie'sMum

Phoenix&Charlie'sMum PetForums VIP

I just want to know a bit more about them as I am going to foster one from a rescue.

1) how big tts is yours?
    2) are they harder work than a Greyhound or other Lurcher, as they have collie in them?
    3)Any other quirks that this cross breed has

Thank you.

2. happysaz133

happysaz133 PetForums VIP

I don't anymore, but I did...

1) how big tts is yours? He was about 23/24inches to the shoulder, roughly.
    2) are they harder work than a Greyhound or other Lurcher, as they have collie in them? I didn't find him any harder work, he was a bit naughtier than my greyhounds, but less energy than the collie pup I look after.
    3)Any other quirks that this cross breed has. Not really, like I said, he was naughtier, loved swimming unlike my greys, he could actually catch fish with his mouth, and would catch rabbits if given the chance!

This is him...well was him...he was 14 when he passed away, and was one of the fittest, healthiest dogs we have ever owned. He only went to the vet for check ups, he never had a health problem! If I found another like him, I'd have it in a heartbeat. His name was Dan...you can't really see the collie in him, but he had the collie brain. and was thicker set than a grey.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. hawksport

hawksport Banned

I used to have a greyhound/collie x greyhound/deerhound, a nice rough coated blue, around 27" tts
    Trained up nice and easy, lazy in the house but worked well. The only bad thing about him was he was not very dog friendly, not what I would call dog agressive just not as easy going as the others.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice