Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Anyone good with etholgy

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by staflove, May 12, 2010.

1. staflove

staflove PetForums VIP

you carnt change the shape of an animal without changing the size and vice versa you can not change the size without changing the shape your views :)

2. gskinner123

gskinner123 PetForums VIP

Is that really the case with dogs? Not sure about that one 'cause I've seen some very 'wrong' shaped dogs for their size in my time :) But perhaps I'm missing your point entirely.

From a cat breeder's point of view, if I'm following your post correctly, I agree. I have a breed that are required by the SOP to be very big and cobby in shape/build but with small ears, short stocky legs with a medium length tail. I can say that, with absolutely certainly lol, that it's nigh on impossible to breed a very large cat with very small ears, etc... large in stature tends to equate with bigger ears/longer legs/longer tail because mother nature knows how best to put all the bits together :) Striving for a 'happy medium' - a big(ish) cat with small(ish) ears, short(ish) legs and medium(ish) length tail is not easy lol.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice