Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Anyone good with computers? I have a virus!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by RoseForTheDead, Aug 15, 2009.

1. My friend was on MSN the other day and I got a link off him - I stupidly clicked it thinking "ooh what's this..." :rolleyes: and I now have a virus... :(

I've told him as he didn't know he was sending these links out, and apparently I am too now!

It's on Windows Live Messenger... I un-installed it, and installed it again - but my friends say I'm still sending the links :(

I'm now using a very, very old version of MSN and it's driving me :eek:ut: lol.

Anyone reccomend anything?

Oh and I've checked on two different anti-virus programmes I have, one said it didn't have anything, the other said it did, but removed it... :confused:

2. CharleyRogan

CharleyRogan PetForums VIP

Anti virus programs are crap. Have you got a back up Hard Drive? If so put all the stuff you want to keep, then format the computer and put windows back on. You can either buy windows, or download it illegally.....

Thats the only way you will properly get rid of a virus. I have to do it to mine quite regularly. I also never have MSN because it ruins your computer by putting files you can't get rid of in your registry

3. u-look-like-a-hamster

u-look-like-a-hamster PetForums VIP

its a hacker

s/he has ur email adress credit details

change ur passwords on everything :)

xx

4. I have no idea how to do all of that lmao... I'm crap with PC's.

OMG really?? I don't have any personal details online though :confused:

5. sandymaynard

sandymaynard PetForums Senior

Hi
    what windows system are you running on!
    You do know that you can reboot your whole system back to factory settings! This can be a pain as you would have to pull off everything that you don't want to lose!
    Or the other choice is this
    Go to Avast4home.com. This is a totally free anti virus and very good!
    Download their free antivirus software! i have it on my laptop amd computers for the last 4 years and never had a problem the monute it see's a problem it will warn you!
    sandy

6. suzy93074

suzy93074 PetForums VIP

PM Free Spirit she is brill with helping on viruses she has helped me before;):D

7. FREE SPIRIT

FREE SPIRIT PetForums VIP

Your'e a sweetie and im always happy to try and help anyone if they are having problems with computers. ;) :D

8. DobermanVincent

depending on what anti virus you have , if you don't have stuff that mean alot to you just format it and start from fresh

9. Freyja

Freyja PetForums VIP

We have avasti too and have never ha a problem it always picks up any problems straightaway

10. EmzieAngel

EmzieAngel PetForums VIP

I've had a virus like that before.
    I had to do a full system recovery, therefore it was like brand new afterwards as it will erase everything you have installed on it.
    x

11. Nonnie

Nonnie PetForums VIP

You could try restoring it back to a certain point. That has helped me in the past. I use AVG now.

12. Kinski

Kinski PetForums VIP

Snap :D. AVG has gotten rid of some nasties for me, I wouldn't be without it now.

Terri

13. I'm on Windows XP, and I have AVG and Spybot as Anti-Virus, I checked twice with AVG and it's coming up with nothing? I checked with Spybot and it got rid of 1 threat, but MSN's still sending that damn link to people and I can't I.M anyone :(

Ony's helped me before, linking me to a computer site, but I lost it :rolleyes: lol

Tried restoring it to an earlier date, and it wont let me.

Hmph not my weekend! :cursing:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice