Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

anyone experienced vaccination reaction this long???

Discussion in 'Cat Health and Nutrition' started by Mazzy, Oct 11, 2013.

1. Mazzy

Mazzy PetForums Newbie

Hi everyone..

I've recently adopted an abandoned kitten approx 12 weeks old. When I took him to my vets to see if he was chipped ( he wasn't!) he had a quick health check & seemed fine. For the next weeks he was a typical healthy kitten..chasing everything,climbing walls etc, ate very well, pee & poop fine!
    But then 3weeks later he had his first vaccinations ( Nobivac Tricat Trio and Nobivac FeLV ) As expected he was bit sleepy & quiet by the evening. By the following morning he was limping on his front left leg, still bit quiet but eating ok so didnt worry too much as know this can happen but now 6days on he still suffering..he's brighter in himself & wants to play but obviously leg is bothering him plus his ears & little paws keep going so pale & cold. I took him to the vets last night & he has a high temp so has been given a long acting antibiotic injection & is on Loxicom antiflam...today he seems a little happier but still pale & cold ears ( I have heating on so def not cold in the house!!!)
    I am due at vets tomorrow morning for another temp check as they said they'd expect a drop in temp or best do blood tests to see if he was incubating anything before vac's..esp FIV or FLeV. But would he test positive for FeLV if just had vac??
    Has anyone experienced symptoms like this after vaccination and/or can anyone think of any more questions I should be asking at the vets tomorrow??? I know nothing of his history as he was found by friends and I took him in while trying to find his owners to no avail.
    Thank you if you've managed to read this far..one worried kitten mummy!! :(

2. spid

spid PetForums VIP

This can happen and limping is sometimes seen after jabs. I try not to give everything all at once and save FeLV for later. Apparently having the FeLV shot doesn't cause a false positive reaction (according to my vet) BUT I don't know how long you need to leave it between jabs and blood test.

3. Mazzy

Mazzy PetForums Newbie

Thanks Spid... just got back from vets and his temperature has dropped down back to normal & the limp has nearly gone so we're getting there!! Just so worrying this lasted over a week but at least I now have my looney wall climbing kitten back!!! :D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice