Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Anyone else learning to drive?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by sarybeagle, May 26, 2010.

1. sarybeagle

sarybeagle PetForums VIP

I started (finally) a fortnight ago and have just had my 2nd lesson and Im buzzing it went so well. I only stalled twice which annoyed me as I didnt once on first lesson :mad: but I did lots of junction work today and drove round our village :thumbup: couple more lessons and we are going to Guildford town centre :scared::eek6: LOL!!

Just wondered if anyone else learning to help give encouragement to each other. My examiner reckons Ill pass by Sept and about time too as im 30 in Jan and its one of my 'by the time im 30....' targets.

2. MissShelley

MissShelley PetForums VIP

Wahoo! well done! :D you should start a blog to record each lesson.... I did that and it makes interesting reading as the weeks go by!

I remember learning to drive, took me ages and I struggled with a crap instructor who shouted at me! ( I shouldn't say crap, cos she taught Jon to drive and he thought she was great! I just wasnt suited to her teaching style, she's shout I'd cry and then lose confidence ) the instructor I passed with was great! patient and kind, if he saw I was struggling with something he'd make me go back and do the things I was good at to build up confidence again.... My son is 17 in december so we want to get him started as soon as he can :D

3. PoisonGirl

PoisonGirl Banned

I've only just (at long last!) got a form to fill out to get my provisional! Lol
    Now I just have to get a photo and get the form signed and get a new birth certificate and locate my national insurance number card :lol:
    I Will get round to it one day!!

4. jenniferx

jenniferx PetForums VIP

Well done you! I learned "late" at 24- it is sort of late anyway when everyone else is 17! :D

Best thing I have EVER done. I've been driving for a year now with a full licence and it's given me a life! The independence is immense. The cost however .... is not. But it's worth it to me!

5. xgemma86x

xgemma86x PetForums VIP

I have been learning to drive since July last year. For me it's been hard but there are times when I do actually enjoy it. I passed my theory test the first time last October:eek: I thought that was quite easy. I just now need to get solid confidence when driving but im finding it fairly hard. My instructor (Amanda) wanted me to do a mock test which would mean her boss (Darren) sitting in the front wi me and acting as an examiner. I had this booked for the beginning of May but Darren cancelled it because he had some sort of family emergency or something so we rearranged it for when Amanda come back off holiday on 22nd May. We waited outside the test centre for 20 mins but Darren didnt turn up:mad: His excuse? He forgot! I now have my mock test booked for a week on friday so we'll see what happens then.

I wish everyone good luck in learning tho xx

6. Ducky

Ducky PetForums VIP

good luck. i first started learning when i turned 17, but i didnt enjoy it, and didnt like my instructor.

so i stopped and then i restarted lessons when i was 18/19 i think. much preferred my instructor, still wasnt that keen on driving though. but i passed my theory and practical first time round.

im still not the type of person who "enjoys" driving, but its a very useful thing to be able to do!!!

7. willa

willa PetForums VIP

I had hundreds of lessons & 5 different Instructors .! Eventually passed 9th time LOL

8. kaisa624

kaisa624 PetForums VIP

I started learning on my 17th birthday, and passed last April, on Easter Monday :) My OH still hasn't passed his test.

My instructor was good and if I got stuck, she'd just ask questions and get me to run through what I'm supposed to do etc.

Sarybeagle, I hope that they don't take you around on the A3, I rarely drive to Guildford as I get lost, but Farnham is simple :) Good luck :)

9. Muriel May

Muriel May Guest

Well done hun, i started learning at the age of 32!!! :eek::eek:

I didnt have the money or the confidence before now.

I had my first lesson start of January, and passed my test first time on March 17th!!!!

Thank you all those lovely irish folk. :thumbup::thumbup:

10. Nicky10

Nicky10 PetForums VIP

I started learning at 17 had a really crappy and weird instructor and quit after about 6 months. I finally passed last year

11. GSDlover4ever

GSDlover4ever PetForums VIP

I started my first lesson on my 17th birthday, did it for a few months and they put their prices up by about 5pounds.

so went with another driving instructer, who was boring lol

i thne stopped agin becaus eof my exams and i basically haven't since. although i have driven my X car a few times, but he was a crap instructor and not patient enough.

i will be 21 in august and i plan to do my lessons once again ASAP :thumbup:

ill get their eventually! :D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice