UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
8,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently got into painting my nails and trying out new designs. I've been quite inspired by things I've seen on pinterest and elsewhere on the web like this:

Anyway, inspired by this I've been buying lots of new polishes and trying my hand at painting before I move onto more complicated things like taping, dotting tools, nail pens etc. I'm not all that arty but I've found it really therapeutic to just sit there for 20-30 minutes every few evenings and concentrate on painting, it's quite relaxing. :)

Here's a couple of the things I've done so far:

This was using a Barry M barbie pink covered with Barry M croc effects (which imo looks awesome but not like crocodile skin).

Very bad picture of the Barry M Chameleon nail polish I tried last week:

First time using magnetic nail polish:

Trying out some freehand dots:

Trying to use tape:

Some of the polish I've got since starting my new hobby:

I've also found I don't bite my nails anymore now I've started paying much more attention to them which is good as I had a very bad OCD habit of chewing the nails/skin around them.

Thanks for looking, anyone else out there share my interest? :D

·
Registered
9,910 Posts
I love love love nail varnish, I'm not so much into the nail art side but I love my dark colours and my nails are alway painted :D, I shall try and take a picture of all my polishes later :D

·
Registered
8,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I love love love nail varnish, I'm not so much into the nail art side but I love my dark colours and my nails are alway painted :D, I shall try and take a picture of all my polishes later :D
Ooh great, I think I'm only on about 30 polishes so far, although I got 5 new ones at the weekend so maybe 35 now. I think my OH will probably give me some for Xmas and I'll have to get a shelf just for my collection. :D

·
Registered
9,910 Posts
Ooooh, very purty :D Am I mistaken or is the red/black combo that exclusive polish you have to order from France? Can't remember the name right now.
It is, it's OPI Black Spotted from the Spider Man Collection, exclusive to Sephora in France or more widely found on Ebay :D, I really quite like it but it's quite hard to apply and really needs to go on polish that has had a good day to dry and then you have to wait a good while before top coating or it goes all streaky.

·
Registered
8,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It is, it's OPI Black Spotted from the Spider Man Collection, exclusive to Sephora in France or more widely found on Ebay :D, I really quite like it but it's quite hard to apply and really needs to go on polish that has had a good day to dry and then you have to wait a good while before top coating or it goes all streaky.
Ah that's the one, last time I checked on ebay it was like £20 or something so I passed :eek:

·
Registered
8,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
LOVE your nails! Mine look boring compared to yours haha, I get mine done every couple of weeks.
I was so upset, I went out on Friday and when I woke up (after being drunk, oops!) I have broken my middle nail which was doing really well :( Never been bothered about breaking nails up til now. :biggrin:

·
Registered
9,910 Posts
Nail Magic or OPI Nail Envy are really good at strengthening and encouraging growth, mine grow to quickly and get ridiculously witchy looking if I don't keep clipping them down, they are like little fast growing hooves :D

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
I always wear nail varnish, sometimes if I'm in the mood I will add decor,usually if I'm going out or a special occasion. I hate it if I snap a nail I have to cut and file the rest down because I have to have them all the same length lol

·
Registered
340 Posts
I remember the days I only had 30 polishes!!!! I am now the proud owner of 120 at the last count!!! :frown2:

My hubby says I should be ashamed but I am proud! I love trying out new nail art things and discovering new techniques.

·
Banned
5,524 Posts
i used to be heavily into nail art and i had loads of nail polish and all the things for it

then one day i had a attack of i dont want girly things in my life and threw them all away

im now slowly building up my collection again and growing my nails so i can get back into it

·
Registered
5,961 Posts
I should be as my mum is a nail technician with at last count over 2000 nail designs on boards on the walls of her room and about 500 nail varnishes but I can't really be bothered lol Plus I have really oily nails and it just peels off, not found anything the doesnt yet.

·
Registered
8,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
Phoolf - I am most impressed

Particularly as I thought you were a bloke - sorry :eek::
:lol: Well, most other sides of my personality would indicate that so I can see how. :D

Edit: Although I would like to add that nail polish is by no means exclusive to women or being feminine, men can and should put it on if they want to without fear of ridicule. :)

·
Registered
8,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I should be as my mum is a nail technician with at last count over 2000 nail designs on boards on the walls of her room and about 500 nail varnishes but I can't really be bothered lol Plus I have really oily nails and it just peels off, not found anything the doesnt yet.
I always put a coat of Barry M's hardener, basecoat and topcoat (all in one polish) before I put any on and then when I'm done, doesn't even chip when I do the washing up then. :)

·
Registered
5,961 Posts
I always put a coat of Barry M's hardener, basecoat and topcoat (all in one polish) before I put any on and then when I'm done, doesn't even chip when I do the washing up then. :)
Weve tried all the tricks of the trade but I dont even have to do anything, I can have them done, let them dry then go to bed and in the morning half of it will be off.
I can't keep gel on my nails either, its very strange!

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.