Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Anyone else having problems with photobucket?

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by zippie161, Nov 18, 2012.

1. zippie161

zippie161 PetForums VIP

Since they changed to their new layout i cant access any photos on my account and most of the buttons of the page arent even 'clickable'!! so i cant even go to the help section or contact them about it or anything! Theres even a button showing 'switch back to the original photobucket' but that does nothing either! I can only click home, library, log in and log out, but my photos dont show no matter what i try doing :mad: So im a bit stuck! I made the account as that is the only way i can get photos from my phone to my pc as my cable broke so for the moment i cant upload any new piccies of kitties for ya'll :( Anyone else had this problem?

2. red123

red123 PetForums Newbie

Hi, new here. I actually came across this forum by searching because I am having the same problem as you. Very annoying. The good thing is I seem to have found an excellent forum that covers just about every pet I own, so thats one good thing at least. Just won't be able to share any pics unless photobucket gets sorted.

3. MontyMaude

MontyMaude PetForums VIP

I didn't like the new layout and there was a little button somewhere near the top of the page that I clicked and it reverted to the old photobucket layout and my pictures all appeared back where they should be.

4. Miri

Miri PetForums Senior

I'm able to click all of the buttons, fortunately, though I really don't see why they had to change things because it was better before they changed it.

Are you able to access this if I directly link it?
    Login to your Photobucket.com account
    If so, you can send a message to their support people about your problem.

OK, that doesn't look hopeful, the link text comes up as "login to your account" rather than "submit a request for assistance".

#4 Miri, Nov 18, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2012
  5. welshjet

welshjet PetForums VIP

I didnt hit the 'new photobucket' and stayed with the old one

6. sarahecp

sarahecp Crazy Cat Lady of Bucks

I had problems with the new version :mad: gave me the option to go back to the old one :)

7. froglet

froglet PetForums Member

I'm having the same problem as the OP.
    There is an option to change back to the old photobucket, but it doesn't work.
    I hope I'll be able to access it soon, I have somany old photos on there that I don't have anywhere else.

8. buffie

buffie Mentored by Meeko

I also went back to the old version a couple of weeks ago,but sometimes,infact most times I have to "log in" now where as before I had it set to let me straight in to my pics :( Why do they have to try to fix things that aint broke :mad:

9. MoggyBaby

MoggyBaby PetForums VIP

Maybe SO many people chose to go back to the original version - I was also one of them - that we have broken the button!!! :eek: :D I did my change back within about 24hrs of the new one coming on-line.

The new version is pants and I agree with Buffie - why change it? It was fine as it was.

10. zippie161

zippie161 PetForums VIP

As a last resort i tried typing 'photobucket help page' into google and i managed to get to the page to fill out a form to contact them about the problem.. Hopefully that will work! If not im going to loose hundreds of Barns & Mags photos :(

11. NEW2CATS

NEW2CATS PetForums VIP

yep i had the exact some problem last night!

12. B3rnie

B3rnie Guest

I had issues when it first updated :nonod: I hadn't noticed you can go back to the old version so I got increasing angry at it :lol:

I did notice that it doesn't seem to like certain browsers, on Rockmelt and chrome it has serious issues but when I tried with Firefox it was fine :rolleyes:

So I now use FireFox for photobucket and my default browser for anything else :p

13. lymorelynn

lymorelynn UN Peacekeeper in training
    Staff Member

I changed back to the original version too. I couldn't upload photos to the new one :mad: they just came out as grey squares. Didn't like the layout or anything about the new version really.

14. Jiskefet

Jiskefet Slave to the Hairy Hikers

I am in now, but nothing is working.

15. Jiskefet

Could that be it?
    I use firefox on my laptop, but I am now on my old computer with an old IE version. Going to try it with firefox now!!

I do like the new layout, though. Takes a bit of getting used to, but I can access old photos in the library much more quickly than with the old style.
    You need to click on the cog to get links, though, instead of just hovering over the photo.....

I will let you know if I do get in with firefox...

#15 Jiskefet, Nov 18, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2012
  16. Jiskefet

It works like a song with firefox.......

17. B3rnie

B3rnie Guest

Glad it works now :)
    I've sent them a message to let them know about the issues, I've had to do the same with You Tube too, I had so many issues with it with Chrome and Rockmelt (chrome based browser) but with Fifefox everything works fine :confused:

18. zippie161

zippie161 PetForums VIP

Ahhhh!! firefox!! i did not think to try that.. and it works! :D stupid internet explorer :rolleyes:
    Thankyou B3ernie!

19. ps60

ps60 PetForums Member

I downloaded Photobucket Desktop. At least there seem to be fewer problems, but the new Photobucket version is crap.

20. petergettins

petergettins PetForums Senior

Thanks for the warning. I didn't see there was a new version, but I'll stick with the old one. If it is OK with Firefox, it may just be that that won't work with older IE versions as some sites don't. Youtube is always warning me on one of my pcs that it won't support my current browser for much longer. It may be worth checking which version of IE you've got & upgrade to the latest one, although I'm surprised it doesn't work with Chrome, that usually works with everything for me.
    Pete

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice