Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Anyone else got an Irish Setter?

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Deleted member 24724, Jul 20, 2009.

1. I've got one - Shes 20 months and her name is Willow!

Discuss! ^_^

#1 Deleted member 24724, Jul 20, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 20, 2009
  2. Freyja

Freyja PetForums VIP

Yeah I've got one her name is Zoe she is 3 years old and a complete nutter

3. Tigerneko

Tigerneko PetForums VIP

They are beautiful :)

I know a lady who breeds them, i've been to Crufts with her a few times and her and the dogs are crazy.... but lovely :D

They are stunning looking dogs, I love seeing them in the ring :)

4. Wow! I'd love to see pictures of Zoe! (If possible)

Yes, they have lovely 'feathered' legs! They are truly stunning - and yes, I'd say 99.9% crazy. They do, however, have their very rare calm moments! :p

5. Nicky09

Nicky09 PetForums VIP

They are absolutely stunning dogs one used to live near me. Anne was completely loopy though but she was a sweetheart.

6. Freyja

Freyja PetForums VIP

This is Zoe at 12 months old
    [​IMG]

and this is her last year being attacked by 9 whippet pups
    [​IMG]

Can you see the ASBO twins the 2 fawns at the front going for the throat they were little monsters even at such an early age. I don't have many photos of Zoe as she 's got older as they usually end up as a red blur

7. Nicky09

Nicky09 PetForums VIP

She's gorgeous poor thing having to survive whippet puppies

8. Freyja

Freyja PetForums VIP

She loves them she lies down and lets them climb all over her which we were surprised about as she is such a clumsy great lump normally. The only thing is the pups do tend to chew her feathers which is one reason why we are not showing her anymore. I think sure gets them to play then sneaks their food when they are busy charging round

9. Ooh wow! Shes gorgeous!!

10. davehyde

davehyde Banned

adore setters, i had one many moons ago could never pronounce his name lol. cerrig cylyn noble fir , called him henry, we had years of fun together.

i got a few stories about old henry and his antics. he was massive for a setter too really tall and well built.

11. Freyja

Freyja PetForums VIP

Zoe's KC name is Casachared Chloe 'O' Galway at Oakmoorehill. You want to try writting that in the name space on entry forms for shows.we always said when she was little her name was bigger than her.

12. davehyde

davehyde Banned

i'd get writers cramp writing a name that long lol.

best sight in the world?

a red setter running along the beach in N wales at sunset with the sun behind him feathers in full flow.

13. Setter

Setter PetForums Member

Hello, I am soon to have an irish setter as I pick my pup up in 1 week, 6days (not that I am counting) and can't wait! Have wanted this pup for a long time and have waited forever. Nervous but very, very excited - beautiful dogs:D

14. pip5869

pip5869 PetForums Junior

Hi

I have an Irish setter her name is Bronte, yes a complete nutter!!!
    She is 11 months old.
    I love her but she is completely barking mad!! Very loyal and loves her cuddles.:)
    She is meant to be my dog but she definately loves my husband more, probably because he works away from home and I am the one doing the discipline!!
    I have posted a few thoughts on here previously about Bronte so i won't bore you all to deaf again about her antics.

[/I]

15. My grandad used to have an irish setter called Danny when i was a young child. I always remember us walking him on the beach in skegness and watching him run in and out of the sea and acting the crazy fool. he made me laugh. i was so upset when he died of old age

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice