Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

anyone dreading friday the 13th?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by cats galore, Sep 12, 2013.

1. cats galore

cats galore PetForums VIP

i'm not normally bothered by friday the 13th - or by 13 in general, i live at number 13 and i love it here, but this year is different. i have one very good friend in hospital and has been there for 2 months (hopefully he's on the mend now). i had another elderly friend taken into hospital last night - omg i can't believe what he looks like - he resembles someone out of a prisoner of war camp:( i don't hold out much hope for him sadly. then tomorrow to top it all off my Dad has to have a scan to find out what is going in with him. he has been fighting cancer for 4 years now and suddenly another large lump has appeared. tomorrow's scan will find out if the cancer has spread:( what a day to have this scan. i'm praying that 13 is lucky for us tomorrow and that my Dad will be just fine. i'm also dreading the phone ringing in case it's the doctors telling me that something has happened to my friend.
    does anyone else fear friday the 13th. i know some people are really superstitious, like i say i'm not normally bothered but i must be honest, this year it's a worry:(

2. loubyfrog

loubyfrog PetForums VIP

So sorry that your friends are unwell and in Hospital,I really hope they both make a full recovery real soon.
    Also sending lots of luck for your Dads scan,I have everything crossed that the nasty cancer hasn't spread.:(

Lets hope Friday the 13th means totally the opposite for you tomorrow,it sounds like you,your friends and family have a positive day.

Tomorrow is one year ago that my old boy,Barney the dog passed so I'm going to try and keep busy to stop myself getting upset so looking after my 3 year old Nephew for the afternoon.:)

I have had a casket made especially for Barney (as we were originally going to scatter his ashes but just couldn't go through with it).

We were going to put Barney in his casket tomorrow but the blooming carpenter engraved the wrong year on his plaque:rolleyes:so having to wait for him to send us another one......I do hope it arrives in the morning as I really wanted to put barneys ashes in there on his anniversary of his death.

Anyway....sorry for waffling,sending you a big hug CG and I really hope your dad gets some positive news tomorrow.xx

3. cats galore

thankyou for your kind words - it really does mean a lot and i'm sure my mom will appreciate them too (she's j4nfr4n on here btw).

i hope you have your plaque arrive tomorrow for Barney, it's bad enough losing them isn't it, without things not going to plan afterwards:(

4. MrRustyRead

MrRustyRead PetForums VIP

if im honest i dont believe it in, i have black cats, i put new shoes on the table, ill open an umbrella inside.

But i do believe if you are looking out for bad luck that is when it will occur.

i would just treat it like any other day

5. Spirited

Spirited Banned

Nope. Friday the 13th just means the arrival of a much needed paycheck. :)

6. j4nfr4n

j4nfr4n PetForums VIP

Yes i'm dreading tomorrow as well Sal but then again tonight has not been to good for me your dads had a soak in the the bath and i thought he was in a jacuzzi the sounds that were coming out of the bathroom:eek: He did say he'd got a touch of wind :blushing: more like a hurricane.
    So you managed to see Dennis as well as Bill tonight

7. cinnamontoast

cinnamontoast Sois pas chiant, chéri.

It's only a bad date because it's the day the Philip IV sent assassins to kill the Knights Templar (at least, that's one theory). It's not really a dodgy day!

Hope your friends improve. :)

8. cats galore

Bill is looking good but dennis is a poor thing. I seriously have never seen anyone so thin. I don't know how he is still alive. He's been let down by the system yet again

9. danielled

danielled Guest

Hope your friends both recover soon. I'm looking forward to Friday 13th as tomorrow I'm off to center Parcs.

10. Royoyo

Royoyo PetForums VIP

I'm sorry about your friends.

In our family we always say Friday the 13th is a lucky day because my brother was born on Friday the 13th :D!

I hope I haven't just jinxed myself.... Damn!!

11. pogo

pogo PetForums VIP

Nope it's my BIRTHDAY today :D

12. moggiemum

moggiemum PetForums VIP

[​IMG]

have a lovely day tomorrow and dont have nightmares tonight:D

[​IMG]

HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND POGO:)

13. moggiemum

moggiemum PetForums VIP

Best wishes for your friends CG:eek:

14. pogo

pogo PetForums VIP

Thank you :D

15. welshjet

welshjet PetForums VIP

Oh CG I can see why your not looking forward to today

Hugs xxxc

Im not too bad, ive also lived.in a.number 13 house,.

As spirited say, paycheck time. :)

As for black cats, I class them as lucky and my two crossed my path today (and then went back to sleep) :rolleyes:

16. ForestWomble

ForestWomble PetForums VIP

I am very sorry to hear about everyone OP, I wish all the best for them all and hope Friday 13th turns out to be lucky.

Regarding black cats it is in America that black cats are unlucky, it used to be that black cats were considered lucky in Britain, before we copied the American superstition.
    When black cats were considered lucky in Britain, it was white cats that were unlucky. :)

Another thing to do with Friday 13th, I read somewhere that Friday is considered unlucky day to launch a ship, so one year it was decided to stop this superstition.
    A new ship was built, called the HMS Friday, they hired a Captain Friday and decided to launch on Friday 13th............ it was never seen again.

17. Firedog

Firedog PetForums VIP

A friend of mine was born on a Friday 13th and he feels it has blighted his life.

My Auntie is so bothered by the day that she wont leave the house.

I normally have a really good day on a Friday 13th but I'm afraid no pay check for us.:(

Happy Birthday Pogo.

18. cats galore

well i have 2 black cats and one white cat - maybe that will cancel out any bad luck today;)
    tbh, i've never been bothered by 13, like i said earlier i live at number 13, but this year 2013 has been sh*t to say the least. i'll be glad to get today and the rest of the year over with

19. ForestWomble

ForestWomble PetForums VIP

3 months and 2 weeks and 4 days to go.
    Though I am dreading 2014 to be honest. 14 (or maybe it is just the number 4) is unlucky for me.:cryin:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice