Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Anyone cats got weird habits (just for fun)

Discussion in 'Cat Health and Nutrition' started by Ladyjuicy08, Jan 7, 2012.

1. Ladyjuicy08

Ladyjuicy08 PetForums Junior

Just wondering what strange and weird habits peoples cats have . Jakey's habit more annoying than anything lol is he is constantly crying like all the time he just wants to be picked up then he stops. Alfie I am convicted has OCD only uses litter tray if completely clean must dip paw in water before he drinks tries to bury his food when he's full Hates closed doors. Nighttime is even more fun Jakey licks my hair to go to sleep Alfie has to lick my neck even covers over my head doesn't deter him he starts digging to get in at me . Isit just me or has everyone cats got weird habits?

2. Cleo38

Cleo38 PetForums VIP

Both my cats like to play fetch - no idea how it started as I didn't teach them.

When Basil wants a cuddle or a stroke he will come & sit beside me but if I don't notice him he'll pat me with his paw. If I continue to ignore him he gets more forceful & then wail.

Basil also loves a toe that pokes out from beneath the covers when I'm in bed. He will sit there waiting for ages then pounce when he spots one - it's a very startling wake up!

Winnie likes to sleep on my head & play with me hair whilst I'm asleep & usually tangles it up for me. She also loves cotton buds & will steal them when she gets a chance

3. bobby7

bobby7 PetForums Senior

I'm not sure if its a weird habit or just a preference. Mouse refuses to drink from a bowl but she will drink - hot bath water, out of my glass, from dirty puddles and water that has collected on top of the recycling /brown bins.

4. Ladyjuicy08

Oh forgot mention Alfie climbs into every bag going havta especially check suitcases when it holidays time and Jakey licks floors cushion windows CATS ARE WEIRD bt wouldn't have them any other way :lol:

5. we love bsh's

we love bsh's PetForums VIP

one of ours likes to pinch socks and run off with them then guards them and growls if you try to take it back lol

6. sarahecp

sarahecp Crazy Cat Lady of Bucks

Not really weird, but..... Seb is obsessed with water, when he hears a tap running, he'll come running, be it bath, basin or sink, he's not bothered by the toilet, thank god :) his favourite is the kitchen sink, he'll sit in the sink waiting for the tap to drip, if it doesn't he'll start licking it, this morning he must have got water up his nose as he didn't stop sneezing for about 5 minutes, did make me panic a bit though.

If he has lost one of his ping pong balls or it's stuck somewhere, he'll come to find me, he'll look at me, then make a mmmm sound, that means I've lost my balls mum :)

Frankie gives me head massages and will play with my hair :D I lay next to him on the bed and he just does it :) sometimes it's so nice and relaxing it makes me fall asleep :)

7. Jansheff

Jansheff PetForums VIP

When Rosso decides he wants attention or feeding and we are watching TV, he will walk along the top of the fireplace, miaowing as loudly as he can, to make sure we don't miss him and, one by one, swipe all the ornaments and photos etc on the the floor. We are forced to either ignore him (which we should do really, to teach him that it doesn't work) and watch our things get knocked onto the hearth and broken, or jump up to stop him.

8. Ian B

Ian B PetForums VIP

The much missed Beckett used to and #1 cat Bola does now from time to time, *stalk* and catch bread in any shape or form, tho' Becketts ultimate catch was a bread roll and the staler the better :confused1: :lol:

Ian

9. TatiLie

TatiLie PetForums VIP

What a fun thread!
    Ari has loads of weird habits.
    For example when she comes for cuddles in the middle of the night, she must come from my legs side. If she's coming from my shoulder, she has to 'park' properly, she comes and goes 2-3 times until she can lay on my chest in the right angle.

10. paul maine coon

paul maine coon PetForums Senior

when i clean Rustys litter tray out and put it down empty he will sit in it and wait for me to push him around the room in his litter tray like a sledge :lol::lol:

11. calligator

calligator PetForums Newbie

My cats are full of weird habits!

Dixie loves foil - if I tear a sheet off in the kitchen she'll come running hoping that I make it into a ball for her. She doesn't chew the foil so I'm comfortable giving her some. If I throw it down the hallway she will run after it and come trotting down the hallways towards me, circle around me from my left to right then drop the ball in front of me.

Hobbes is obsessed with plastic and we have to make an effort to keep anything chewable out for sight or reach. I am slightly concerned with this as he has been known to chew off bits and then be sick but he seems to mostly just like to chew. I've actually seen him get a bit anxious if he's been chewing and then I've taken away his plastic.

12. calligator

calligator PetForums Newbie

I know this - Dixie will come to bed at the same time as us but will sit at the end of the bed until I turn on my side and then she will come and spend about 5 minutes kneeding my shoulder, poke me in the mouth then curl up for the night!

13. WallsendJan

WallsendJan PetForums Junior

My Tink loves bags, boxes trays, anything you put down she will go and sit on. Jeffrey likes to suck my earlobe (something I asked about in another thread). He also likes to watch my kitchen tap running and every single time, he sticks his nose in it. They both love to terrorise my Doberman X, Bruno.

14. ShelybellyandTeamC

ShelybellyandTeamC Bad Joke Generator

Dont know if this counts as a habit but when my partners alarm goes off in the morning it wakes sheldon up, he gets off his bed stretches makes his way round to my partners side of the bed makes his way onto his chest and begins meowing softly and rubbing his face on his face and if he refuses to get up he then begins pulling his work shirts off the hangers from his clothes rail till he gets up and now he has got into the habit of being used to being fed at 7am EVERY morning so on a weekend its loads of fun in our house lol

15. Misi

Misi PetForums VIP

When I'm getting dressed, I have to hide my bra before I put it on or Simba chews the strap or runs off with it. I won't go into what he does with my knickers... :eek:

When Misi wants to get into bed with me, she sits on my pillow and gently scratches me under my chin.

16. missP

missP PetForums Senior

when i get the hoover out (cylinder, not upright) my cat will lie in front of it until i've given him a going over with it. :laugh:
    it has adjustable suction so it's on a low setting for him and doesn't pull his fur.

17. Ladyjuicy08

18. Starbug

Starbug PetForums Junior

One of the cats I'm currently looking after for friends likes getting it on with fleecy items :eek: (even though he was neutered as a youngster over 10 years ago).

I regularly go downstairs in the morning to find the cat blanket pulled off the sofa and in a ball on the rug (or sometimes he drags it up to the landing).

Anything fleecy is fair game - tops, jackets, dressing gowns, you name it, he'll have a go at it, although he never does it in front of you.

After I've gone to bed I'll often hear him downstairs, squeaking and chattering away to himself as he violates Mr Fleecy Blanket :D

19. peter0

peter0 PetForums VIP

My cat Tickles has to sit in everything possible. He will sit in anything, boxes, drawers, wardrobes and whenever im cleaning out my mices cages, he has to sit in them before they are washed. He also sleeps ontop of the fridge. It has always been his fav place so we put a hooded cat bed up there for him and he loves it:p

20. catlover0581

catlover0581 PetForums VIP

when i was a child i had my faithful cat, Oscar. he would walk with me to the end of the street in the morning, then wait for me at the driveway in the afternoon when i came back from school. he also had to sleep IN my bed with his head on the pillow. my mum gave up trying to stop him in the end lol

then there was Molly - she loved watching the toilet flush, and racing me up and down the stairs.

now we have Freddy - who likes to sit in the sink whenever i'm in the bathroom, and also sleeps curled up on my pillow - not too bad at the minute as he's only 14 weeks, but it could get a bit cramped soon! lol

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice