Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Anyone bought a puppy farm dog?

Discussion in 'Dog Breeding' started by springerspani, Sep 3, 2013.

1. springerspani

springerspani PetForums Newbie

Hi all,

I'm doing a bit of digging into puppy farming and am looking to speak to people who have bought dogs from pets shops and/or the internet in the last 5 years which have died very soon after as a result of serious health problems they had when you got them..

Very sad topic I know but would like to get some first person accounts to really highlight the knock on affect of puppy farming across the UK.

If you'd be interested in talking about your experiences I'd love to chat :)

2. Anna Loves Ashiey

Anna Loves Ashiey PetForums Newbie

I know someone who bought 2 shih tzus from pet shop and later found out that it was from puppy farm. They in good health and good family pets.

3. Twiggy

Twiggy PetForums VIP

Well I paid an adoption fee for my little 11/12 week old collie 20 months ago.

They came from a Welsh puppy farm and arrived at a breed specific rescue centre just before Christmas 2011.

They were all ill with some sort of nasty respiratory tract infection (probably parainfluenza) therefore they couldn't sell them and were going to shoot the whole litter.

Bless her, she was in a bit of a mess. Her backbone stood up and her coat was awful. Unfortunately she infected my two old girls which meant two trips to my vet and two courses of ABs. They were worryingly poorly for several weeks.

The other downside was her nervousness due, I would guess, to hardly any human contact and probably being scruffed. It took a very long time to gain her trust and if I approached her she would roll onto her back and wet herself for weeks.

She's a happy, friendly and healthy girl now although the nervousness bubbles away just under the surface.

4. brucekrausse

brucekrausse PetForums Newbie

Did you checked properly before you buying it. Well i guess you should speak with person same person who has sold you....:)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice