Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Anyone a National Trust Member?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by GoldenShadow, Apr 19, 2011.

1. GoldenShadow

GoldenShadow PetForums VIP

I can get a year membership for £23.50, am I understanding it right that you get free parking/admission if you are a member? There is a forest 12 miles away meant to be lovely, its a National Trust place and £4.80 parking which is a bit much to want to go too regularly but if parking is free to members I might get one...

Am I along the right lines or do you still pay parking and get something else free? I don't think there is a building there or anything, so can't think of anything you would need a ticket to be admitted for?

2. kathryn773

kathryn773 PetForums VIP

not all NT places allow parking for free, check yr handbook.

3. debijw

debijw PetForums VIP

just went and had a look at the National Trust website and it says

Join the National Trust today and you'll enjoy:

■FREE entry and parking at more than 300 historic houses and gardens.
    ■FREE car parking at most National Trust countryside, woodland and coastal car parks.

just search National Trust, the website is very informative.:001_smile:

4. DaisytheTT

DaisytheTT PetForums Senior

I am a NT member.

If you join, in your handbook and gubbins that they send, you get a sticker for your car which says you are a member. You just stick it to your windscreen.

If you park in a NT carpark all you need to do is check the pay and display machine, if they accept NT members park for free it will state so.

As long as you have your 'NT parking permit' on show you won't get a parking ticket.

We've parked in loads of NT car parks over the years and have yet to find one that doesn't accept the NT car sticker.

5. GoldenShadow

Not got one yet as I'm not yet a member :eek:

Yeah I found that but wanted to make sure I had understood it right, have sent them an email asking about this particular place, its probably the only place I would go to so no point being a member if can't park for free there...

6. GoldenShadow

Ah that's good to know, bet this place I've asked about you have to pay for every time :laugh:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice