Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

anybody like opera?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by debijw, Apr 24, 2011.

1. debijw

debijw PetForums VIP

2. smudgiesmummy

smudgiesmummy PetForums VIP

wouldnt say i was a big fan , the only one i can listen to is russell watson , saw him a while back in manchester ,,, fantastic

3. shibby

shibby PetForums VIP

My Mum's a big opera fan, I will show her the Andrea Bocelli one when she's next here :) Thank you for the post!

4. catz4m8z

catz4m8z PetForums VIP

Abit heavy going for me, a whole Opera although I do like some of the songs. I love Gilbert and Sullivan operetta's though and have gone to see a couple at the theatre. (while other students were getting drunk at nightclubs I was at the theatre watching The Mikado!!:eek:)

5. jetsmum

jetsmum PetForums VIP

My all time fave opera has to be 'Carmina Burana' (sp?) It's such a powerful piece, I'd love to see it live. I like some of Wagner's opera's, I watched the whole ring cycle when it was on tv.( I don't think I'd have enjoyed it so much without subtitles.)
    I also like a bit of the old G&S too.

6. Amethyst

Amethyst PetForums VIP

No, I used to have boyfriend who was into it, you can only feign interest for so long ...

7. Zaros

Zaros Pet Forums, P/resident Evil

Folks always ask what particular pieces are about and the enclosed piece, (The Flower Duet) taken from Delibes 'Lakme' is beautifully explained by Catherine Deneuve to Susan Sarandon in the film 'The Hunger' starring David Bowie.

For all you Dracula geeks out there it's a tale of Modern day Vampirism with a little science fact.

YouTube - The Flower Duet (Lakmé)

8. debijw

debijw PetForums VIP

love the duet, never seen the film though so youtubed the scene, must agree with you on her explanation. :001_smile:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice