UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I am looking at getting a retired breeding queen. She had to retire young due to her having hypolasia when she had the kittens. Anybody experienced this, I've googled the condition and only get cerebal hypolasia which isn't the case.

I'm a bit confused.:confused:

·
Registered
6,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Apparently she had problems feeding the litter her teats swelled too much are were painful, in her next litter 3 out of 9 kittens survived so she has now been spayed and retired.

·
Registered
4,203 Posts
Are they sure it's this and not mastitis?

Hmmm.....I suppose it depends on the insurance company and the likelihood of the condition occurring in spayed females?? Pershaps some of the breeders could tell you more. Either way if she's only had it post-pregnancy, then I'd imagine it's extremely unlikely to return so it wouldn't matter much even if they did exclude it!

·
Registered
6,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for that Ianthi :) No not mastitis what the breeder emailed and told me, that's what the vet said. When she had her first litter. I presume the same problem was present with the second litter hence the loss of 6 kittens.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.