Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

anybody a sphynx slave???

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by happypurr, Apr 7, 2011.

1. happypurr

happypurr PetForums Newbie

Hi,who on here is a sphynx slave.I'm absolutely bessotted with them and would love to hear from people who are the same....I think you either love them or don't!

2. BSH

BSH PetForums Senior

I don't know of any forum users with a Sphynx. Do you have any? Glad you like them but have to admit, they kind of freak me out a bit! :yikes:

3. 5 dogs

5 dogs PetForums Newbie

im desperate for 1 and would love to be a sphynx slave :eek:

4. happypurr

Hi,yeah i had one for a few years but sadly lost her a month ago. My home is very quiete without her and i NEED another one.They are the most magical cats ever,I was hoping there may be some sphynxy people on here.

5. happypurr

Hi 5 dogs, hopefully you will get one,they are the most loving in your face cats,i really can't say enough good about them.I just hope in time i will get another one,hopefully sooner rather than later. I was hoping coming on here i would get my sphynxy fix until i become a slave again:)
    Have you contacted anybody about one?

6. stoneandglass

stoneandglass PetForums Junior

happypurr - I'm sorry to hear you lost your sphynx :(

I'm hoping to get one in the next year or so. I think they're lovely. :) I can't get one just yet but I cannot wait! I'm nervous about contacting a breeeder, sounds silly but I've never done it before hahaha

7. catz4m8z

catz4m8z PetForums VIP

I dont have any but my best friend has 4! (along with 10 furry cats)
    In fact when she dog sits the Sphynx's are the only one who stay in the room and they like to play with and cddle up to the dogs. Also the minute you sit down its always the bald cats that jump on yo and demand to be fussed.:D
    She has 3 boys (red/white, black and black and white) and one Diva girl (calico and white). Not sure I would want all that grooming to do though.:eek:

8. happypurr

Oh i wish i had a friend like yours and then i could have a daily fix until i get another one. They are very friendly and seem to adapt to whatever.My little puss is such a miss,she was always there and always so glad to see you and strangers.Does your friend breed?

9. catz4m8z

catz4m8z PetForums VIP

Noooo, she would never be able to give up any babies!!:rolleyes:
    She has just kept her eyes open and managed to get 2 of them quite cheaply. (alot of breeders had reduced prices due to the recession).
    Only 2 were full price, one was cheap coz the breeder was going on holiday and he was the last unsold kitten and one was rehomed because the son was allergic.
    They do have fantastic, funny little doglike personalities though dont they?? Even her Sphynx varient (furry boy) is a cuddly great lump.:D

10. Brittanya

Brittanya PetForums Newbie

Yes! I have a sphynx kitten who's been my baby for a month now :) Completely wonderful cats with personalities unlike any other :)

[​IMG]

11. spid

spid PetForums VIP

No sorry I have to admit I find them a little weird and creepy - my cats NEED to have fur.

12. Pheebs

Pheebs PetForums Member

I like him/her. There's intelligence in those eyes. What does his/her skin feel like to the touch?

13. Brittanya

They feel a bit like a very warm peach :) Wonderful to touch :)

14. catz4m8z

catz4m8z PetForums VIP

Aww, what a fantastic photo!:D
    They are such lovely cats, Ive never met a breed like them. Althogh my experience is limited to moggies, ragdolls, siamese and devon/cornish rex they are def the most confident and friendly out of the bunch.
    When I get my cat numbers down to one I would def consider getting one, for no other reason then they are the most dog friendly! Although it seems the craze for Sphynx has died down and it is harder to find a breeder these days.:confused:

15. lymorelynn

lymorelynn UN Peacekeeper in training
    Staff Member

What a lovely description :) I've always thought of them being a bit like a chamois leather.
    I'm not sure that I'd want one myself but they are certainly unique

16. Brittanya

very soft chamois leather that's been microwaved for a bit lol

Don't get a sphynx if you like a cat whose independent and will leave you alone to your own devices ......... if you have a sphynx you have a permanent bed warmer and shoulder pad and neck warmer and hat ............

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice