Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Any tips

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by mellowyellow, Jul 31, 2009.

1. mellowyellow

mellowyellow PetForums Member

Ok I’m taking my 4 year old niece for a week in August as my sister has just had a another baby and Beth is playing her up but I’m also getting Nala spayed that week.
    I need some tips on how to care for a 3 year old and a poorly cat usually the cats just hide in the bedroom when beth comes over as she scares them. I can put their food and a tray in the bedroom but will Nala be able to get on the bed and will she bleed in my bed?.
    I can explain to beth that Nala’s poorly, has to be left alone and she will understand but like any 4 year old not sure if she will remember all the time.

2. mellowyellow

mellowyellow PetForums Member

:D LOL Nala's just spent 10 mins chasing a bettle over the floor till i killed it now she's eaten it:smilewinkgrin::smilewinkgrin:

3. munchbunch

munchbunch PetForums VIP

Hi. I think you've got the wrong idea of what a cat is like after it's spayed. She may be a bit sleepy when she gets home after the anaethetic, but as for trying to keep them from jumping etc, no chance, even though they shouldn't really! :rolleyes: They're not like us - you'd never know they've had anything done & are back to normal by the next day normally. I've never had any bleeding either - cats constanly clean themselves - but I've never had any problem with this area. You'll be amazed how quickly she recovers, but if you're really worried about it, couldn't you bring her op forward a week?

I love cats - I hate spiders & they kill them for me :D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice