Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Any tips for a windy dog? lol

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Bradleysmummy, May 9, 2010.

1. Bradleysmummy

Bradleysmummy PetForums Member

Hey guys

Rudy has terrible wind lol he had it on the second time we visited and has got it agian today its vileeeeeeeeee haha can clear a room thats 4 sure ! I no due to his age its likely he'll get this kinda thing but is there anything we can give him or cut out ect to ease it??

Also another question , he only seems to do his no2s in the garden , went for a really long walk today and still he came back and did it in the garden is this normal??or is he just marking his area as his new here??

thanks guys

xx

2. Bearpaw

Bearpaw PetForums VIP

Have heard the black charcoal bonio biscuits help.

3. babycham2002

babycham2002 PetForums VIP

Re the wind - What food is he on? That can make all the difference to the smells that come out lol

Samba The RR onlly does no 2s at home, I think in nearly 4 months I have only seen her do 2 out on walks, probably when she was completely desperate.

4. crazybones

crazybones PetForums VIP

sometimes young puppies like to keep there selfs unknown to other dog as they are only small and young so when he gets older you will find he will go outside on a walk as he will mark his territory........

the food you feed can affect the smell that comes out??

5. alaun

alaun PetForums VIP

stay up wind of him, lol. :D Sorry not much help :D

6. mollymo

mollymo Life is Golden

As for the wind as said its most lightly the food....if you feed tinned that will cause more wind.
    My 3yr old will only poo if off the lead when walked,other wise she will wait till she gets home:(

7. Mum2Heidi

Mum2Heidi PetForums VIP

Heidi used to be a terrier for stinking us out and I always used to wonder if perhaps she had a bellyache too. Gradually we were able to eliminate the foods she had that would cause this and now (fingers crossed) the air is a lot fresher smelling:thumbup:

8. momentofmadness

momentofmadness PetForums VIP

A diet that suits his bowels..lol trial an error..lol And I find plenty of exercise shifts it.. Maizie can fart for England.. But if she has had a real good run she seems to be free of the farts.. And there noisey too.. LOL put a thread on hear ages ago bout dog farting haha.. x

9. EmCHammer

EmCHammer PetForums VIP

Charcoal is supposed to be good for wind - but guess that fixes the wind but you would be as well to fix the cause if its continuous.

10. Bradleysmummy

shall try the charcole , where can i buy this??

He is a 10yr old rescue dog soo i have no idea why he is only pooing in garden , as for letting him off lead we cannot do this as he has no recall and is scared of other dogs n has to wear a muzzle :(

His also quite loose at the moment , maybe just the unsettled ness of a new home!

x

11. EmCHammer

EmCHammer PetForums VIP

I brought charcoal tabs from the chemists but then had no idea of the dosage but sure pet shops will sell some proper doggie ones. Or the Charcoal Bonios may help.

Mine don't like going on the lead much - maybe once he settles into his new routine will start to go out on walks? or if he can go on a long lead or something... in fact in the morning mine WONT go up the garden for some reason.

When my boy came home from the rescue he had a bad tum and was very windy - was on chappie dry and got better as he settled and we swapped him onto another food. Sometimes use chappie if run out of normal food, but it makes them both very windy (although not smelly, just lots of creaking floorboard noises at that time!)

12. Bradleysmummy

his on pedigree chum senior complete at mo and mixed with a little bit of tinned bucters grazy meat this is wat the rehoming center were feeding him and they sent a few days worth home with him , could this be the cause?? i wasnt going to continue adding the tinned food with the complete but was gonna use up wat they sent 4 him

13. lifeizsweet

lifeizsweet PetForums VIP

Pigs ears make Bramble fart for Britain. I think he even disgusts himself with the smell!! We try to avoid them if possible now.

14. LostGirl

LostGirl PetForums VIP

I imagine its the food, we ran out of our normal food (xmas and the snow couldnt get our normal delivery) got pedigree never again the smells that came out of them both were minging they couldve been used to nuclear bombs!

15. Burrowzig

Burrowzig PetForums VIP

Get them from a chemist or health food shop - I find 2 tabs for my 12 kilo dog works fine. You can crush the tablets and mix them in the food - turns it black but who cares!
    Charcoal bonios are fine unless the cause of the wind is cereal (usually wheat) intolerance. Bonios and other dog biscuits are made from wheat.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice