Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Any symptoms ring a bell?

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by kipling2536, Apr 5, 2016.

1. kipling2536

kipling2536 PetForums Junior

Hi there

My Chinese Crested Powderpuff (hairy hairless) has been out of sorts all day. He is prone to stepping on stinging nettles and I have given him half a piriton tablet, but he is not licking any paws.
    He is extra nervous today and a little bit shaky, he is lifting his front paw up when sitting, which he never does.
    He has been laying on his bed most of the day looking sorry for himself.

He's not his normal self at all :(

2. LoopyL

LoopyL PetForums VIP

Has anyone trodden on his tiny paw? I'd take him to the vet as it could be any number of things
    Is he eating/drinking/pooing/peeing ok?

Lurcherlad likes this.
  3. lullabydream

lullabydream PetForums VIP

Shaking, usually means pain. If there is nothing you can think of, and if he was mine, I would definitely at least phone the vets NOW. They may give advice over the phone,they may want to see him.

We could all give a myriad of suggestions of what it maybe, we could all ask questions. However, none of us are vets and we are not trained to ask the right questions in the right order, to find out, or rule out a problem.

Hes obviously not himself, and in my opinion a dog like this, and likely in pain it would be cruel to leave him without seeking medical advice.

Hope its nothing sinister. That phone call will give peace of mind which is priceless.

Lurcherlad and Matrod like this.
  4. kipling2536

Sorry for the delay - thank you for all the advice, he perked up the next day and is back to his old self.

Amanda

lullabydream likes this.
  5. mrs phas

mrs phas my home, my sofa, my rules

As a crestie owner myself, I would definitely still take him for a once over
    for such tough little beings, who are quite happy to mix it with much bigger dogs
    they are quite sensitive when it comes to their health

btw, powder puff and hairy hairless are not the same :)

kipling2536 likes this.
  6. kipling2536

No, I realise they are different now, he is def a hairy hairless!

Thanks
    Amanda

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice