Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Any suggestions please?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by lozb, Apr 11, 2011.

1. lozb

lozb PetForums VIP

I've posted this:

http://www.petforums.co.uk/cat-rescue-adoption/158614-short-term-foster-possibly-3-cats.html

on the Cat Rescue but thought I'd try here :eek:

My eldest sister has serious mental health issues & is likely to be sectioned in the next 2/3 weeks - she refuses medication which will help her & isn't in a good place at the moment :(

Her cats are her babies - she's worried about them & how they'll end up if she has to have a spell in hospital.

Has anyone any suggestions/advice on how to help her? She could put them in a cattery but she's against that idea because of the possible effects on them, she doesn't know how long she'll have to stay in for (if at all).

Thanks. x

2. bexy1989

bexy1989 PetForums VIP

i hope you find someone to help you out,

i would ask my gran for you as she wants a cat at the moment but her partners dead set on her now having one, but i can ask if you want? maybe with it only being a foster he'll be more up for it :)

lozb likes this.
  3. lozb

lozb PetForums VIP

Thanks for your comments/offer.... My sisters cats would need to go together - which is a problem, I know - 3 adult female cats who are fairly feral, they 'know' my sister & adore her but aren't good with strangers.
    Not looking good really, is it? :(

4. bexy1989

bexy1989 PetForums VIP

oh no :( they might not be so willing with they dont get on well with strangers :(

im not sure what else to suggest :(

5. lozb

lozb PetForums VIP

I know, it's so difficult - I mean, they are nice cats but being quite feral they're fairly particular :(
    I hope she doesn't have to go to hospital, though, saying that, I think it would be best for her - so really, I wish she wasn't ill... :(
    Thanks though.xxx

6. bexy1989

bexy1989 PetForums VIP

I hope it all works out for you :( hopefully she wont have to go to hospital xxx

7. Sled dog hotel

Sled dog hotel PetForums VIP

8. katie200

katie200 PetForums VIP

how about getting a cat sitter for them while she not there i really hope it works out for the cats and your sister

9. GoldenShadow

GoldenShadow PetForums VIP

Is there anyone who could live in your sisters house with them? I just worry with cats they can stray from new homes to find their old one :(

You can get pet sitters who do that but it will cost and I dont know how much. Hope your sister is OK x

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice