Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Any suggestions on wet food

Discussion in 'Cat Health and Nutrition' started by dave1993, Dec 2, 2019.

1. dave1993

dave1993 PetForums Newbie

Hey my tabby cat 7/8 year old i have been feeding him applaws senior sardine and tuna its the only wet he likes i did not realise tuna was so bad for them as it is full of mercury so i have stopped feeding him that i have tried thrive chicken / thrive beef and veg / ziwipeak lamb / james well beloved / he hates pate stuff wont even sniff the stuff / litrally running out of ideas on what to do at this point should i just keep him on a dry only diet something like ziwipeak dry venison as it has quite abit of moisture

2. Treaclesmum

Treaclesmum PetForums VIP

Hi you could try other shredded chicken options like Blink from Tesco or Seriously Good from Pets at home. They have plain chicken and flavours like Chicken and beef and some chicken with Fish options too, plus they are Complete foods too. Better for him than dry. :)

3. BarneyBobCat

BarneyBobCat Slave to an AcroCat

Barney likes shredded style like Applaws. He is on a rotation of Thrive, Canagan, Applaws, Almo Nature and Gourmet Solitaire which is poor quality but he loves it

4. dave1993

dave1993 PetForums Newbie

My cat only likes the mush like applaws senior sardine and tuna he wont eat the other options

#4 dave1993, Dec 2, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2019
  5. Treaclesmum

You could try other soft mushy foods. The ones I mentioned before are more mushy than most shredded because they also include offal, which is like a mushy bit that holds it together. Or you could try some of the Gourmet tins of pate which is very similar to Almo mousse and Miamor.

6. Jackie C

Jackie C Cat slave

I've found cats are often fond of certain textures, not just flavour. As above, you could try to find other brands/flavours that are like the one he likes, but in a similar texture.

chillminx likes this.
  7. Arny

Arny PetForums Senior

One of the types of wellness core is mush but by no means cheap.

8. Arny

Arny PetForums Senior

Also little big paw, its mousse like.

9. Treaclesmum

Meowing Heads?

10. Psygon

Psygon Yoshi Tonks! :-)

I'm assuming you tried the other senior applaws varieties? As if I recall they do a few chicken varieties, and they are all complete (unlike the standard range of applaws tins).

It's a few years since I've fed the senior applaws to a cat, but I seem to recall that the texture was a bit like a shredded mush. So... Have you tried:

True instinct pouches?
    Lily's kitchen suppurrs?

They are both sort of half pate and half shredded, so they do seem quite mushy!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice