Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Any such thing as too much heart?

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by Goldstar, Nov 10, 2012.

1. Goldstar

Goldstar PetForums VIP

I picked up a load of beef and pork heart today on offer for 80p per 500g. I will be feeding it about 5 times a week for the next 3 weeks along with lamb bones, fish, tripe and liver.

Lucky has no issues with heart regarding runny poops as I do feed it about 3 - 4 times a week normally anyway.

My question is, is there such thing as too much heart regarding vitamins it contains etc.

2. pogo

pogo PetForums VIP

If you vary the source of the heart i.e pork heart, beef heart etc then no. Just make sure to keep a good variety of foods like different bones :)

3. Goldstar

Goldstar PetForums VIP

Thanks, I've got a lot of lamb ribs/spines, sardines, tripe and liver to mix in too and think I've got a few chicken back pieces in the bottom of the freezer so plenty of bone :)

I will be mixing the heart with a bone or with a bit of liver a few times too just to vary it :)

4. pogo

pogo PetForums VIP

Sounds good to me don't forget heart is on the best boneless meat you can feed! :laugh:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice