Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Any Scottish Terrier owners out there?

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by JacquelineG, Apr 16, 2011.

1. JacquelineG

JacquelineG PetForums Junior

Hello,
    Just wondering if there are any members who have Scottish Terriers?:) We currently have a Scottie/Westie cross called Sir William and are looking forward to the end of May when our new Scottish Terrier puppy will join us. I am really enjoying browsing the forums on this site but haven't seen anything so far from anyone with a Scottish Terrier

2. new westie owner

new westie owner PetForums VIP

Im sure theres at least 1 more on here cant remember name though hope to see pics soon :)

3. McKenzie

McKenzie PetForums VIP

Awww I love Scotties. My mum will be getting one when she retires in a few years. Would love to see pics of your Scottie/Westie :)

4. JacquelineG

I'll try to attach a picture of William, but my IT skills are limited! He is one in a million, we are besotted with him. We bought him for our younger daughter's 18th nearly 2 years ago. We've never had a terrier before, but have had 2 caveliers, 2 poodles and a Great Dane during our married life. We sadly lost our 12 year old Cavelier, Phoebe, last year. William is lonely, he's a very playful dog and needs a new friend. After researching Scotties and Westies I think he seems to be more Scottie like than Westie, although I'll find out more when our new puppy arrives, I'm sure! Your Westies look beautiful. My friend's daughter has a Westie pup called Huey, who has been round to play with William, he was quite intrigued by him. I am going to have to be careful that he doesn't play too rough, although he was very gentle with Huey. What are your dogs called? Do you both have just one or more than one?

5. McKenzie

McKenzie PetForums VIP

My little girl is called McKenzie (but most of the time she gets called Kenzie). She's nearly 8 months and is the first dog I've owned by myself (not family dogs). She's the light of my life and I love her to bits :)

I think Kenzie would love a little playmate, but it's not practical for me to have more than one dog (and she's still so young anyway).

My mum's partner used to have a Scottie and a Westie (McDuff and Robbie) and they were so cute together, black and white :p Unfortunately they have passed on now, which is why they're looking at getting another Scottie in a few years.

Is William black or white or a mixture?

6. JacquelineG

She looks so sweet! William is black, but has white flecks which make him look slightly grey. I think most people assume he is an older Scottie, but they soon change their minds when they see himn tearing around like a mad man! I'm trying to add a picture but am not having a lot of success! The puppy we're getting is a Wheaten little boy, he's just 4 weeks old and we'll bvring him home once he is 10 weeks old, so we're counting down the days!

7. McKenzie

McKenzie PetForums VIP

I bet you can't wait!!!

To post a picture you can either click the little paperclip and browse for the file on your computer, or if you have it hosted somewhere (e.g. facebook, flickr etc) right click on the photo, select copy URL, click on the little mountain button in the reply window and paste the URL.

Hope that made sense :)

8. JacquelineG

6452_120470214720_545289720_2061025_4749962_n.jpg
    If this has worked I'll add some more!

9. McKenzie

McKenzie PetForums VIP

Oh he's GORGEOUS!!! :001_wub::001_wub::001_wub:

He looks just like a toy. Love the one ear up and one down!

10. JacquelineG

11. JacquelineG

That was when he was very young, I've tried to add some others but not very successfully! Never mind I'll get my youngest son to help me when he gets home.

12. McKenzie

McKenzie PetForums VIP

Oh I'm completely in love with him!

If you want them to appear every time you post like mine do you have to add them to your signature which you can do by going to 'Edit Profile' (along the top bar) and editing your signature. I think you can only add one pic so if you want to have more than one you have to put them together into one picture. I'm happy to give you a hand to do this if you want.

13. JacquelineG

Thank you, I'll wait until my youngest son is here and I'll give it a go! Speak to you again soon!:)

14. new westie owner

new westie owner PetForums VIP

He is gorgeous :D my westie is called Bobby :)

15. JacquelineG

Bobby is beautiful! Trying to add signature picture but the website doesn't seem to like it!:cryin:

16. Aw your little dog is such a cutie. I'm guessing you haven't come accross any other scottie owners on here yet. I can't understand why they are so rare as they seem such gorgeous little dogs. I have only ever met one in my life and i'm 30 in a week

17. JacquelineG

We certainly don't see them very often here in Norfolk, but they must be popular elsewhere because there are always puppies for sale on internet sites. I would like to quickly add I am not getting my puppy via one of these sites. I have had advice from our local STECS coordinator, who couldn't have been more helpful and generous with her time, and eventually made contact with a reputable breeder through the Secretary of The Scottish Terrier Club, who I had also been in contact with some time before.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice